Auto Grant Enabled

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PLEASE, Feb 6, 2024.

1. PLEASE New Member

I recently started playing a shadowknight, that i selected auto grant and i want it turned off with the aa removed, so i can get them myself. i was told to uninstall via the control panel on my pc, then reinstall everquest would take it off. i have done that with no change. all i want is my shadowknight returned back to autogrant off with no aa. i have not found any solution to my problem, please help me.
  2. Riou EQResource

You can uncheck it to not earn further, but the ones you do have earned you can't unless you are on test (iirc has the resetaa command)
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres no reasonable benefit to doing that any more. You will have to earn the last 4 expansions AA anyway.

You would have to delete your character to wipe all your character data. You would lose your levels and anything on it in the process.
  4. Monkeychunks Augur

Ok here is the deal.

You CAN turn it off.

Just flip the auto grant button to off. Done. That will stop you earning them thru auto grant for future levels. At that point when you earn them then you can put them where you want. But it will be slow. So slow you will want to poke your eyes out. For an example. Auto grant to a level 85 Heroic upgrade is over 3,000 AA. If you earned those without auto grant it will take you a long long time.

You don't say what level you are. So if you are say, level 62 for example, and turn it off then you will need to earn all of them from 63 and higher . You can turn it back on when ever you want so long as your a paid account

You CANNOT get those AA removed. You cannot reset any AA you have already earned (unless your on test). If you delete your character it is gone for good. There is no way to recover a deleted character. Do not delete your character

Its not really a big deal. You would have gotten those AA anyway eventually. And if you do use auto grant then the AA you still earn can go for tradeskills or to round out whatever auto grant did not cover.

Get new friends or advisors cause whoever told you that reinstalling the game would fix this is barking mad.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Seeing as how a SK needs more than 80k AA, not including glyphs, you're really gonna want to leave the autogrant on.
  6. PLEASE New Member

i just checked back and tested /resetaa, it worked, thank you. my problem is solved. my shadowknight will start from the beginning.
  7. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

If that's how you want to play, fine, but be advised- your SK is starting from the beginning in 2024, which means you will NOT see the end. You will quit, or EQ will die before you can solo yourself to max level and AAs. Maybe consider just playing TLP if you want a hardmode that you're going to throw away without ever getting near the end game.
    Fenthen likes this.