Are there any vendors who take more than one kind of currency?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

In the vendor window, one of the columns is Currency:

[IMG]

As far as I can recall, all vendors sell stuff just in one kind of currency. Either everything is sold for plat or everything is sold for one kind of alternate currency. Are there vendors out there where items in their Purchase/Sell tab have prices in multiple currencies? For instance, maybe there's a vendor who has some of their items listed with prices in plat and other prices listed in Marks of Valor. Would you ever sort the column by Currency to group the items by the type of currency used to buy them?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Off the top of my head the only place I have seen that has multiple currency's usable is the escrow window for real estate rent. You can pay with pretty much any currency - just click the toggle

Like the Loyalty merchants and the Overseer merchant where you can buy alt currency.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

No, vendors are hardcoded like this because originally there wasn't a thing of alternate currency, and the first time there was they built a whole different system which is why DoN crystals are stored like they are. It's also why the current baz system cannot accept Krono or other currencies.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One slight nit: "pretty much any currency"

Is that true? When I looked at it a while back, it supported the main expac alt currencies that existed up to the time it was created:
    Doubloons
    Orum
    Phosphenes
    Phosphites
    Faycitum
    Chronobines

Since EQ is full of new mechanisms which never get updated after implementation (see gear offered by the Loyalty vendor for another example), I always assumed the housing escrow was the same way, and only still supported the listed currencies. Does it really support all the new currencies since then?

Side note: some of those supported currencies are available from the Loyalty merchant for very cheap. It's a good way to pay real estate upkeep :)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"pretty much" means almost. Not all of them. Yes there are some left out/and or not included but I am not going to dicker with you over those. Dicker: engage in petty argument. I also included Overseer in there as it has additional alt currency.

I have always promoted using bags of currency from the loyalty vendor for real estate upkeep. The bags of Doubloons are your best purchase.

Back to the original post topic questions please
  6. Iven the Lunatic

I heard about an NPC who does accept dwarf milk as a currency. ;)
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not any more. He wasn't compatible with DX11 and has vanished.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, my intent was to be practical, not petty.

There are 51 alt currencies in EQ (53 in you include ebon and radiant crystals). The ones accepted for housing are just the ones I listed above, except not even phosphites. Just those 5. So I didn't want people seeing "pretty much all" and rushing off to use RoTs and MoVs (aren't those the ones we all have thousands extra lying around?) for upkeep.

But yes, as you also said, it's good that the ones which are accepted are available from the Loyalty merchant.
  9. Bernel Augur

My curiosity about this came from the Currency column in the vendor window. Typically, a column like that is in the table because the items in the list could have different currencies. The column allows each item to have their own currency value. But if all the items always have the same currency, then it seems like the column isn't really needed. The currency could just be a single field somewhere in the window. Maybe they added the column because they planned on having a vendor to take different currencies for their items, but that capability never got implemented.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

It was added when they slapped on alternate currency vendors, go look at the loyalty merchant. It was never intended to accept multiple currencies, but to tell you what the vendor transacts in.