Acolyte's Casting Ice of Legacies Lost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zeelot, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's possible, but it doesn't really make much sense to me to do that. Since they share a lore group, it obsoletes the Rallos aug whether the cast proc is better or the same (with other stats upgraded). All not upgrading the cast proc does is make it less desirable overall.
  2. Allayna Augur

I think we agree. I'm saying the same proc on the new augs is likely an error and should be rank II/III for 18/19 or some variation of an improvement and not just a minor stat increase. But with silence from the devs on so much of the game, we are left to speculate on if it is intended or a bug.

Take the 19s only dropping on the chest, is that an intended change away from now years of precedent or a bug?
  3. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug, so I am moving this discussion to the feedback forums.
  4. Zeelot Elder

That's too bad to hear. Why no upgrade for an effect that is 4 years old?
    Fanra likes this.
  5. DJDan New Member

Maybe not a "bug" in the traditional sense (eg, nothing is crashing or preventing gameplay) but not increase the proc spell is definitely not right. Weapons and spells do more damage since ToV, so why not the procs? The minor stat upgrades on the aug are completely inconsequential.

Please enlighten us, Ratalthor.
    Fanra, fransisco and Fenthen like this.
  6. Allayna Augur

Maybe I'm the odd one here, but whenever I see a "not a bug" get moved to another forum for discussion my read of that is "not a bug, but could be convinced to change this if there is some valid argument as to why".
    alanus and DJDan like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe they are phasing out procs.
  8. Rylak Elder

As long as there any damage option for casters, they will take it due to lack of other options in the type 18/19 augment pool. So if they trying to phase procs out, this is the wrong way to do it. (I don't think they are)

These proc augs as they do exist today, should have damages gains as they evolve over expansions. The devs can (and do) use level requirement to ensure low level toons can't use the higher level augments. Since % based augments already scale appropriately as toons level up and gain more base stats, and mob HPs increase expansion over expansion, I don't think its a huge ask to see slight improvment in these type of augs (casting and melee proc).
    DJDan and Fanra like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

Because you're using a different definition of "bug" than they are.
    To DB, "bug" means something that is not working the way its supposed to. For example, if the proc didn't fire, or it cast "summon food". That would be a bug.
    Not doing enough damage or getting upgraded is a design choice/oversight. Not a bug.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

I often wonder why we never got an upgrade to Jann's Veil. Then I shrug and move on.
  11. Alnitak Augur

You are so impatient!
    Jann's Veil was an upgrade to Pirate Patch from CotF. TBL was the fifth expansion since CotF.
    In theory, LS should have introduced an upgrade to Vail, but both CotF and TBL were last-for-that-level-max expansions, so I would presume it is logical to anticipate the introduction of Veil's upgrade the next (2025) expansion, which is expected to be the non-level-increase expansion.
    In my estimation - it's too ealy to "often wonder" about Veil's upgrade.
    Duder and fransisco like this.
  12. Kalamos Augur

Maybe so, but this particular issue does nothing to help that. If my calculations are correct, a type 18 aug would need to have 2,800 Spell Damage on it to add the same amount of BASE damage of a Surge of Ice I proc to a Mage Spear cast. It's even more Spell Damage needed when you include any modifiers on the proc. Of course procs are variable, while Spell Damage applies to every cast, but even with that, Surge of Ice I should outperform Spell Damage for a very long time.

To me, this boils down to one of a couple possibilities ... it's either an oversight, or it's been on Dev's list somewhere with a "get to it when you have time" note. Anything else doesn't make much sense to me.
    Anacletus and DJDan like this.
  13. blood & gufts Augur

The only thing I think that those augs is that it should have more sd than the low it really has. That is not logical having so low sd.
  14. Kick New Member

Do the DEVs even monitor the Veteran's Lounge forum?