EQ Survey Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KushallaFV, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Bilderov Augur

What's the harm in DBG asking this question as a stickied post and forming a meaningful two-way conversation with their player-base about it?
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I dont think I've recommended EQ to someone I wanted to remain friends with since TBM.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's far less efficient? I don't work for Darkpaw so asking me why they do anything is a waste of time. The fact is they asked a question and folks are being nasty about the fact that they asked a question. Which I find pretty unreasonable.
    Ndaara and Angeliana like this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

The marketing analytics team probably doesnt read forums, they just read data.
    Nice dataset for them rather than looking all around the forums for specific data.

Its google forms? basically they gonna know your gmail, might allow them to push notifications to gmail.

Prefer they
    1. Use the EQ Poll they have
    2. Surveymonkey is better, or if its unique users, send keys to identify each user. Assume this is to avoid 1 person voting many times.

For me, up to HoT.
    LFG system has no one LFG, the game is pretty much dead, server is pretty much dead.

I'm not going to get my friends to play a game, 3 box and solo.
    For what purpose, any group stuff? Raids, but you have to look for a relaxed not sweaty raid guild.

Raids, who really cares anyways.

I have more fun doing meta events, alliance wars, in modern games, than raiding in EQ.

Not many games out there focus on raids anymore, it seems to be a work thing, sweaty thing.
    EQ raids aren't that difficult, not exciting either, no story, no point besides getting better gear. There are more fun ways to get better gear than making it all about raids.

If I'm playing with my friend I play to have fun, not to do sweaty EQ stuff. EQ doesn't have much fun stuff in the game. Especially the last decade of expansions.
    I tell my friends, load up Palworld.

Exploring the unexplored, I don't do this in current EQ, back in 2006 yes, but 2024. There is nothing to explore the unexplored. They don't have secrets stuff not yet discovered etc.

The exploration of EQ is not there anymore. Palworld has it though.
    Open world bosses in EQ is not there anymore. Palworld has open world bosses.
    Still zoning? Waiting on zonetimes? Thats soooo 2002. Palworld huuge open zone.
    EQ2 huuuge open zone. EQ though, tiny zones, nothing to explore.

No reason to have any friends come to the game. It's just come back for some nostalgia and go back to modern games after a short while.
    mercury890 likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

This response needs to be read by more than a handful of DBG/DP staff members.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When I went to answer the survey, Google told me that Daybreak/Darkpaw would not be given any personal information about me like gmail address, etc.

Really, Daybreak/Darkpaw has my email address and they don't even send me email that they should be sending the players. A monthly update about the game, or even about important information. They don't contact the players as they should. They should be sending out email newsletters, etc., with the option to unsubscribe, of course. But they don't even do that.

So, yeah, I don't think they would push notifications even if they could, which they can't.
    Ndaara, Rijacki and Fenthen like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Already done. Nothing in my post said I didn't. Read my previous post.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

The survey should be repeated with a reactivated /survey command as most players do not read the forums. Daybreak has enough programmers to code their own web surveys but it probably only has to be reactivated and adjusted.
  9. Kyzvs Augur

It's been 9 years since DBG and they formed out of the ashes of SoE, so no I don't see where my logic fails. Would we recommend EQ to others? Yes if the out-of-the-box experience was a shedload better. But the same issues it's had for 20+ years are still there - so yeah, still fits in my brain! Anyway, I did my part, my daughter subs now and again so I brought a new player in...
    Bilderov likes this.
  10. Bilderov Augur

It would only be far less efficient if they didn't put the effort in.

Take the survey question - what would happen if we all just answered yes / no? They'd have an answer, but no reasoning behind the decision, no incentive for them to change.

We could add a few sentences on why we said yes or no, but without it being a two-way conversation, we as consumers of the product don't get any response to our questions so where is our incentive to expect change?

Just to confirm, I don't hate EQ, nor do I hate DBG, I just think the way they communicate with their customers leaves a lot to be desired and a single question that basically asks 'are we good enough to attract even more customers' is not helpful.
    mercury890 likes this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The new UI is so completely terrible from performance to functionality. New windows not popping up over existing windows is so annoying. Worse still, is there's no timeline for completion combined with there was no need to release it so early.

It seems like they take the permanence of their audience for granted.
    Stymie, Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  12. KarmaKitty Augur

If you click the link, it ask you to sign on :mad: Like no :p
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

To be clear, the link they sent out in the email was not even remotely close to anything Google related. I guess it was one of those link compression things, where every word is broken up by dots...and looked exactly like the type of link people click on to get viruses.

There is ZERO way of knowing what you're clicking on with one of those types of links. That's why I refer to it as sketchy.
  14. fransisco Augur

So everyone seems to be ignorng the 2nd part of the survey - do you have any other thoughts you would like say?
    A free box where you can type what you want.

Feel free to go back to your regularily scheduled complaining though. I'll be happy with a survery that had a free form box in it. Whine about this enough and the devs won't do another one.
    Why? Because if all they see are negative reactions, they will assume people didn't like it. Which of course ignores how most people on these boards hate everything as a hobby.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No point in the bottom text box, when they ignore so much feedback.
  16. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

Link is now reporting that the "survey is complete." So it was up for what, 3 days? Hope you got in while you could.

I'm guessing either the response to question 1 was overwhelming lopsided, they didn't like the responses they got for 2, or they care less about a robust body of feedback than they do looking like they listen.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

then why do you care about the survey at all? By your logic, they could've asked a hundred questions and it would've been equally worthless.
    The world must be a dark place when you hate everything.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I did respond to the one question of course - but please, I am hoping there was an ACTUAL survey and somehow it got messed up and only one question got into the Google Docs...
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They picked the wrong time to ask this kind of question, players are upset over various things which are broken.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took it down because it was all/mainly nos.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

They have an entire forum, right here, FULL of feedback about literally EVERYTHING...and they ignore it.

Why would they suddenly listen to some rando comments in a text box on a 1 question survey?
    Metanis likes this.