Valiant Disruption Aggro

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allayna, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Allayna Augur

Valiant Disruption seems broken since release of LS. Unsure if this is related to stagnation, as there is no new version with LS and a decent increase to all forms of DPS.

Please look at the witness aggro portion of this spell, in relation to the newest live expansion.
    SirGalaron likes this.
  2. alanus Augur

Valiant Disruption line came out in COV and NOS, so the upgrade will be next expansion
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

They should add a focus AA line for. But they only upgrade it every other expansion, so we do take a hit in those in between ones.
    alanus and Allayna like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Thank you....I already knew it wasn't due, but they also don't give a melee dps increase to weapon ratios like we've seen this year or enhancements to berserkers/monks...as well as all the normal dps increases with spell lines on a level cap expansion.

In practice, a spell that generally sets the aggro for a paladin, doesn't even move the needle and I am concerned the witness aggro is either broken on LS mobs (I've seen it still do fine in older content) or it has just stagnated when compared to the massive damage output increases of LS. (something worthy of a balance look).
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Over the last three updates:
    • The direct target hate has been increasing by 21%, 37%, 37%.
    • The witness hate bonus has been increasing by 24%, 19% (115), and 24%.
    I would agree that the witness hate has been stagnating. The level 115 spell looks under tuned. It might also be that there's a cap on hate generated by heals and we've hit that cap. Both of these things would lead to stagnation.
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

If that were true it would explain why I see it work decently well in older content (NOS) and look like I didn't hit anything in LS.