Feedback on Naming Laurion Songs Armor Containers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KushallaFV, Feb 2, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Doing some T1 hunter achievements, and I just realized that the T1 Armor containers are called Obscure Gallant Resonance and the T3 armors are called Gallant Armor Lining.

They both can drop off the same T1 rare mob, and the names would imply that they go together. *I know* that they don't I've looked up the recipes of EQTC, but those naming between them would make me confused at first.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Dreamrider Elder

Well, they printed out a bunch of different words like "Obscure," "Gallant," "Resonance," "Armor," "Lining," among others as well, and taped them on the wall, spreading them haphazardly about.

Then...

They needed a word for a T1 armor container, so they looked in the hallway, pointed to the first intern they saw and said, "We need your help." They blindfolded the intern, pointed them in the direction of this wall, handed them 3 darts and said, "Throw these on the wall in front of you, please."

The interns did as asked, then the Darkpaw co-ordinators looked at that wall. If any dart missed a word, the intern was given the appropriate number of missed word darts and asked to try again. Rinse and repeat until 3 words were darted.

Thus, that container became known as Obscure Gallant Resonance and the rest was history.

Or this is something conjured up in a fever dream of mine... you choose.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Fenthen like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I believed everything you said except for the words "hallway" and "intern".
  4. Midasa Elder

I was going to make a post about something similar, which is that in the past expansions the Tradeskill components were stackable so they had the little number on the item, so it was easier to tell the difference. The Tradeskills drops in Laurion's Song do not have the little stacking number, so you have to know the name, just cannot tell at first glance anymore
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Im just glad that "Word of the Day " toilet paper the Devs got at the Christmas party, is paying off.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's actually a change people had been asking for, and I welcome it. Because if a chest happened to have 2 of something in it, people were too incompetent to figure out how to loot a single item from a stack.
  7. Midasa Elder

Yeah I remember that. Maybe the No Trade ones should be made Lore, except rings, earrings and weapons.
  8. FYAD Augur

Doesn't the lore tab on the container tell you what to put into it? I mean, I don't like the new system, I prefer a universal ore, but we've had a year of this already so we should have it figured out by now.

Definitely do not want stackable linings.

But if the fact that they drop off T1 group hunter named is what makes it confusing, the easiest solution would be to remove linings from T1 loot tables.