Ranger agro in LS

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Velisaris_MS, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ever since I started using Jolting Drop Kicks, I find my ranger pulling agro from a tank quite often in this expansion. I've grouped with this tank for years and have rarely, RARELY, pulled agro. Jolting doesn't seem to be dropping agro the way that line has in previous expansions. I pull agro on all of the mobs on the last stage of FF literally every time we run it.

I 3 box, and also the healer, so I'm going back and forth between toons. This means I'm not spamming damage spells on the ranger constantly, yet the agro keeps rising.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it. Is it an issue or is it solely the new, higher damage weapons?
  2. Fintank Augur

Personally, agro has seemed as normal as it always has been. I am curious as to what might be causing your issues though. Jolting has never actually been noticeable for dropping agro. Not to say your experience is invalid, I have just never had it been noticeable in groups or raids for that matter when it came to riding agro.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

One thing I've noticed is with HF it is very easy to get ahead on aggro due to mechanics. Ooze and spider both do not go active immediately so you can DPS and I always rip ooze (bifold dot). Spider ports often and seems like aggro clears. Lich is hard for melee to go bawlz out if you can't kill it in 12 seconds. No aggro issues on Shalowain. I started casting Shadowveil again because of this mission.

FF aggro has been pretty normal except for Kar, sometimes it can bounce during stun phases.

If you're meleeing just make sure you don't accidently have ferocious kick subtlety disabled.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

In a similar vein, since it sounds like they're grouping with the same tank most of the time, make sure the tank has Bold Attacks on. I've seen that get randomly switched off at various points over the years, easy to miss when it happens.