LS 18/19 Augments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MagicMysteryTour, Jan 30, 2024.

1. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Someone was saying to me that LS 18 and 19 augs were kinda last minute thrown in. And as such changes are still to be made to them. Has anyone seen that this was confirmed or heard about this?

Being improvements from 4 year old versions, they said things like the procs on the casting and assaulting augments are going to be adjusted up more.
    Potentially the mitigation augments going from 1.1% for the 19 to like 2%.
    Or the soothing going from 4% to 8%.

Or is this person talking out of his gnome hole?
  2. Nightops Augur

My guess would be they are not going to change. The 18/19s have been around since TBL with very little change from year to year on the mods.

If anything, the procs might increase a bit, but I don't think they are going to change the % based ones.

But again, this is the first I have seen of this mention, it's only my opinion. Anything could happen.
    alanus likes this.
  3. Bumkus Elder

The type 18 assaulting ice is giving me 2- 3 procs per minute, and proc rate is not boosted by Beastlord Bloodlust ability, which makes weapons proc every swing. This makes sense, since the aug is in Back or Neck slot and not a weapon slot. I'm not sure if 3 is the base proc rate, or if it is 2, but boosted to 3 by Weapon affinity AA. My guess is that base is 3 and weapon affinity has no effect. Again, because aug is not in a weapon slot.

Without running extra crit AAs like Glyph or 7th, it is generating around 950 points of DPS on a casting dummy. This is about 0.5% of my autoattack DPS. Shock of Ice is resistable, so in the real world, DPS will be lower. Personally, i don't use the assaulting ice aug.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I've had the new type 19s just vanish from my inventory, so...
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's likely because of the Lore Group nonsense.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They fixed the bug I reported about bypassing lore-equipped aug restrictions, but maybe there is another form of it.
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I laughed.

More procs = more lag. Don't think we need this at the moment.