Suggestion: Bigger player made bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Angahran Augur

Currently the biggest player made bag, as far as I am aware, is 20 slots.
    It would be great if we could get recipes for 40 slot bags.

Thank you.

p.s. If we could get the option to sell, parcel, and/or destroy the contents of a bag that would be much appreciated :p

Edit: I forgot we can sell, I had a bag of zero value items which is why it didn't work.
    fransisco, DeadRagarr and alanus like this.
  2. Moege Augur

go to a vendor, click on the bag, click sell
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Why do you think they made Dragon's Horde and Tradeskill Depot? Either you pay for the big bags or you pay for slots in the two bank depositories.

Also with Hunter rewards, most of us are floating in 40+ slot bags.

And if you think that CS would ever give you the option to destroy the contents of a bag via button or key command ... well, you've never worked in CS have you? (it's honestly amazing we can destroy a bag at this point)
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Crashdummy Elder

Everyone wants to put businesses out of business, granted there are those that seem to be gouging their customers. EQ is for profit and so to keep going it requires income, from us.
  5. Angahran Augur

What's your point?

As has been said, there are many 40 slot bags. So being able to make them doesn't cost anything.
    DBG can keep selling larger bags in the marketplace.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Crashdummy Elder

Marketplace sells bags smaller than 40 slots there are 28 slots for sale, so maybe we could get to make 24 slot bags, or at least unexpanded ones. just one more thing on the possible Todo list. There are lots of large bags that can be earned, from Collections, Hunter, Achievements, etc. The point is that there are lots of things to do, we have player made 20 slots, which can work well enough at lower levels. plus the 32 slot Extraplanar Trade Satchel, larger bags can be earned or bought in the market, and as such purchases support the business.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This was one of my questions for the AMA thread. Also asked about bigger TS and collection bags and adding new quest and worn item bags.

With the introduction of personas we need more room to put their stuff.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

With the introduction of personas we need more easily swappable place to put their stuff.
  9. fransisco Augur

Can we just have more tradeskill anything? The devs basically killed tradeskilling. you have to camp named/missions to get a no drop thing to make an item. Thats the same as camping for gear with an extra step.

We want tradeskills!
  10. uberkingkong Augur

I'd be more specific and say, what kind of bag.

32 tradeskill bag, is that too tiny now?
    64 tradeskill bag is needed today?

How about better bagslot UI, you really want 10% of the screen covered by a bag slot.

Bag slots should have a QoL review/check, hows the QoL of those big bags as in UI.
    Flatchy likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

Tailored Transcendent containers are so messed up and should have a successor. They do enforce the buyer to do tradeskill combines and buy the recipe for them, which should be totally the work of the crafter.

• 12 slot containers have to be expanded into 20 slots - bad idea - So many players don't know that this is possible and it is annoying to explain everything to them. It does make the seller look like a scamer.
    • Make them attuneable 20 slot containers instead, that do turn into heirloom after being attuned.
    • Only tailored (transcendent) backpacks and packs can be dyed - bad idea because of consistency and logic.
    • No need for haversacks, satchels, tool belts and all the other crap. Only backpacks are needed. Maybe also packs, bags and heavy chests (for the bank), but not really, as they do have the same size with just different icons.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea im still making the 32 ts bag and the bags that expand to 20. Been alongtime that was in HoT and RoF if im not mistaken been a longtime since we gotten bigger bags to make be nice if they gave us new recipes. And yea iven the unexpanded bags alot of the newer ppl wont know what to do with them as you gotta buy a thing to scribe in pok to expand them out last time i did it which was yrs ago. People buy different bags for different looks sometimes they get bored with just one or two i would know i sell all versions pretty easily. They should come out with 40 slot ts and ones that expand out to 32 or so. They probably dont wanna do it as they figure then people wont buy the ones on marketplace. Whats silly with the unexpanded tran bags is there's three trivals for them some have 519/524 and 530 why not just make them all the same? kinda weird!
  13. Windance Augur

There will never be enough bag space for those who do trade skills.

There are 40k+ recipes and 30k+ items used in those recipes, which doesn't include the final armor/weapon gear made with the templates.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing larger player made stuff.

I'd love it if the person who wants to do the final combine doesn't have to go read something like the transcendent bags.