Refund?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikana, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Mikana Augur

Seeing as the game is unplayable, can we assume we won't be charged for this month?
    kevvlar and Yinla like this.
  2. Scila Augur

That won't happen. Prepatch worked - after patch - here's how to fix your comps.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I agree not being able to force AA via nvidia panel anymore is a travesty but calling game unplayable is hyperbole
  4. fransisco Augur

you could always use computer hardware made in the last decade
  5. Mikana Augur

and there was me thinking that an i5-12400F with 32GB RAM, running Win 11, with an NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti, *which worked perfectly before the patch*, would be sufficient...
  6. Kyzvs Augur

Desktop: Ryzen 5700x / 32gb / 1080ti / W10 pro - wouldn't work with dx9 version over christmas, with constant CTD's so reformatted just before dx11 was released, zero issues apart from some corpses staying stood up after death.

Laptop: 10th gen i7 / 32gb / 2070 / W10 pro - had to run the patcher from the file location instead of shortcut first time, but has been faultless other than that.

Work mule: FX8350 (yes, that old!) / 32gb / 1030 / W10 pro - again had to run the patcher from location, but has been fine

Maybe it's because I run windowed as I 2-box, but after a couple of clicks with the display settings (bloom off, adv lighting, shadows & post on. adv lighting on the 1030 is a noticable performance hit, but I only use that for checking my trader usually), I've more than gotten used to it. Shadows performance has improved no end and a lot of zones look really good.

It can work - it certainly does work for lots of folk - but f'sure the requirements have changed and there's obviously something that a percentage of people have that EQ11 doesn't like much. I really hope you get a fix.
    Hobs and kevvlar like this.
  7. Zinth Augur

oh? playing it just fine here... what is the issue?
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

And here I thought I bought a GPU just last year and had crazy stuttering issues until I did nothing more than replace my ini file. Weird.

Maybe I'm deluding myself and need to simply replace my Nvidia 4080 with another 4080. That'll fix the problem of random textures going haywire right up! It certainly isn't the game having issues seeing how they have a patch to alleviate the issue on test, no way, it's definitely my high end personally built PC with my "decade old hardware" (which somehow none of the parts existed 10 years ago).
  9. Windance Augur

Have you tried any of the "fixes" for your issues?
    Thunderkiks and minimind like this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Maybe for you, but definitely not for me. That makes this a you-problem, not a game problem.
    Are the problems widespread? Yes. But they are not affecting everyone.
    Thunderkiks, Nennius, Kyzvs and 3 others like this.
  11. Mikana Augur

Turns out that when you ask about this, all your memberships get cancelled, and they "hope you find a solution to your problem". A virtuoso display of head-sand-burying, well done!

Yes, I have tried ticking/unticking various options, no, I am not going to screw around with ini files, since I don't see that as being MY issue - the game was perfectly fine, on a modern PC, purchased two months ago, right up until they pushed DX11 out, despite the warnings they had from Test about it. My PC is not the issue, their software is.

I appreciate I am but one customer, (now ex-customer), but at least that GBP 540 a year is now in my pocket, rather than theirs.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Zinth Augur

easy to hear you weren't a gamer back in the 90's lol...
    which gen are you? because the "I won't do anything, it just needs to work" never gets you, the best experience... updating drivers, changing settings to fit the system you are on etc. is mandatory even to this day
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It did for me in the past when I had a defective video card that only crashed in EQ; my 1070 crashed continually, but slapping in a 960 and then a 2070 in same system did not.

Weird thing is it would only crash in new outdoor zones (I did PoP hunter over several weeks for 18 characters with zero crashes in old style zones.

No one else had trouble with 1070 cards, mine just had one bad transistor or something that EQ used that other games didn't.

Of course, the 2070 made Fallout 4 crash when it ran fine with the 1070. A known bug that Bethesda/Microsoft/nVidia still haven't fixed.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

That is your specs, and you can't play EQ right now?
    Did you download the latest direct x from microsoft?

Core i5-12400F does not include integrated graphics. But still the Nvidia GPU1660 ti should be enough, no?
  15. Zinth Augur

I havbe a 12100 (non-f) aka integrated... it could run EQ just fine... I do run with a 3060ti now though which has ZERO issues 6boxing EQ on multiple monitors all with pretty much max settings (don't use shadows since they look stoopid)
  16. Kyzvs Augur

When my Desktop wouldn't play dx9 EQ over Christmas no matter what I did (but played everything else jus' dandy) I didn't complain or blame DBG. I tried loads of different things then decided it had been years anyway, so reformatted and dx9 version worked flawlessly. Then a week or so later dx 11 came out and it's been the same. Luckily my laptop has been fine without such drastic measures, as has my work box.

My takeaway from that experience is "it used to work" and "everything else works perfectly" aren't really valid complaints. Windows is a massively moving target, as are driver versions + whatever else you do to your machine during a day.

It's like Subnautica forcing itself on VR if a headset is plugged in even though you don't want to use VR or Sniper Elite only working on the primary monitor, but you want it on the secondary, or CnC Kanes Wrath being really sketchy on alt-tab unless it's paused, or any number of other stuff we live with our apps doing. Hopefully there will be a decent workaround / patch to help the folks that don't want to take such drastic action as starting again but to thrash around saying it's the only app ever to have a glitch that needs working around is just... well, I want to stay polite so fill in your own blank.
    Dre., Kaenneth and Fenthen like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why would we mess up every other program running on the comp just to be able to play EQ?

They have yet to give us a solution to the issue of not being able to tab back to desktop, the same for the graphics having no textures and being black. The fix for stuttering is complicated and likely to need to go back to as it was after we get a patch.

Which leads to the question if they know how to fix it why haven't they patched?

Engin upgrade we had back in Luclin the servers were down every day for a week to fix it, why haven't they done the same thing this time?

And while they are at it fix the filters they broke!
    Paladin, Velisaris_MS and Scila like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What is insufficient about your hardware? :confused:
  19. Zinth Augur

He probably haven't updated the driver since he bought the computer
  20. Mokara New Member

Not hyperbole. The game is down to a few fps when raiding unless you turn character models off. There were no issues prior to the patch. Whatever they did borked things badly.