PlayerStudio still included but site no longer accepts new accounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Egot, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Egot Elder

Post by Master Magnus indicates the EverQuest portion of the site is no longer functional
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the bug report forum. Where is the bug?

It is not a bug that the forum is still there. The Guide forum is also still there and some servers have not seen a guide in years.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Egot Elder

Missing MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, 2012, and 2015 do not allow for the application to launch on Windows 11
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Because player studio is dead? But you know this from your previous post.
    fransisco and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is intended. They have not accepted new submissions in years. They simply have not discontinued the existing ones because they do not want to remove the options from users.
  6. Egot Elder

They are providing an executable program that no longer works with current versions of Windows 11, if it ever did work with Windows 11
  7. Egot Elder

This may be due to providing a Qt4Core and Qt4Gui dll files that are no longer in support that were put there by their Autodesk software
  8. Egot Elder

I understand what you mean by they have also have removed the ability for new model designers to join in on the Daybreak Store experience
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That is correct. The last employee that had anything to do with it was fired and it's completely closed to new submissions, for years.

They left the web links and the program in the PlayerStudio folder, which was just a viewer for our models and had been broken without other support files for some time.

There is no way to participate any longer.
    nottadev likes this.
  10. Egot Elder

That makes sense as to why Player Studio was defuncted but doesn't explain the GPL binaries in the PlayerStudio folder lingering
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They don't care, or literally aren't even aware of all the files they are installing with their own product?
  12. Egot Elder

Aren't you a Daybreak Games employee and can give feedback about this? when you mention "they?"
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

No. Employees were never allowed to be Player Studio artists.

Sony-columbus nova-Daybreak-EG7 have a non-exclusive licensing agreement with Player Studio artists, we are paid royalties on those licenses.
    fransisco and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. Egot Elder

Your post on the PlayerStudio forum indicates you were the one who said it was shutdown here as it was stickied in the EQ portion of that forum
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You didn't read that very well, and it's not pinned. It's just the last comment there because nobody went there for years.

I posted that so people interested in Player Studio could know it is closed, BECAUSE THE COMPANY WOULDN'T even do it.

My exact words are:
    At the time they didn't even post their statement anywhere except in a link on the EQ2 site, nowhere public facing.

I thought I was doing a service to people like you, so you could know it's closed.

I think I've answered enough questions to ask you some.

Why don't you understand it's closed?

Why don't you understand I'm not an employee of theirs, and I'm quite angry about them closing it?
    fransisco, Rijacki and nottadev like this.
  16. Egot Elder

How did you post that comment on their EQ board if it is closed?
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's not clear to me what I thought could be accomplished by engaging here.

I think I'm done.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  18. Egot Elder

When did they shut down posts after you posted that response to soe?
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Dang, someone able to outdo UKK.
    MasterMagnus, fransisco and Smokezz like this.
  20. fransisco Augur

I feel I should point out you're just feeding a troll.
    MasterMagnus, Nennius and Kaenneth like this.