Post your Box... and why you like it. (Min 3 toons)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EagleTalon99, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Petalonyx Augur

Mage, Mage, Dru, Pal, and healer mercs - very low stress with mage pets tanking, aoe heals galore, and evac option. Love the druid for Port to Bind. Can do any mission, but low-ish dps and pretty bad burst dmg. Paladin generally played as 2H dps with AOE heals, and steps in to emergency tank as needed. Rarely if ever wipe.

Also run a Mag, Wiz, Wiz, Wiz, with healer mercs. This one is so much fun, especially after the LS wiz buffs. Can run about half of the missions in any given expansion (Door and Bridge in NoS, and FF in LS).
  2. Risiko Augur

I like hearing about your 2 box crews because that I what I am trying to do. I'm old, my hands don't work as well as they used to, and I don't use 3rd party software because I don't want to be that one person they throw the book at. So, I 2 box.

I like hearing what works for yall 2 boxing. Right now I am running SK/SHM as my main duo with mercs.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

When I have to 2-box (for example when I PL alts, which take group spots but contribute nothing), I usually go with MAG+BRD combo. BRD's dps + melee merc dps + bard's aDps is measurable addition to MAG's dps. MAG+BRD duo can do some missions as well, namely Ka Vethan, Door, Fugue. Although it will take somewhat long time.
  4. Yoda Journeyman

Currently running this 6 box Team at LVL 85
    I have at least 5 toons per account so can swap out to most any class but this is me now.

WAR MT
    SK Yeah, I know another tank but I love them.
    MONK Uber!
    BST Uber + Slows + Pet!
    BARD ADPS!
    CLERIC DUH!
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Wonder what the botters favorite box is? When i box its with my mage and ranger with mercs nothing big maybe oneday ill add my other rangers for more dps.
  6. Etha Journeyman

6 mages are fun. If pulling is a little harder can swap out a mage for a necro (just to keep it as 6 pet classes). But these are just for fun. For progression and stuff I run Mage x 3, Sham, Chanter and Bard.
  7. strongbus Augur

current is bst(main) cleric/sham/sk/bard/mage

like having 2 healers cause i use bst/mage pets to off tank mobs and its nice to split the healers up on adds.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I box 4 mages and an enchanter. Boxing renewed my enthusiasm for EQ. I play continuously all year long now. I haven't done that since the early days.

I load up my team and I'm ready to go. I don't have to worry if my group of friends is on. I can go where I want to go. I can run a mission or go laugh at King Crush if I so desire.

With my box I control everything. Pulling, debuffing, tanking, and crowd control. I can kill as fast or slow as I want. I can pull one at a time or a bunch of mobs if I want. I love it that way. The old school traditional group where the group sits in one spot and all I do is send pet and cast nukes would drive me into insanity. I'm always moving with my team, I seldom sit in one spot.

I might add a sixth team member, but I'll have to think what class would be the most beneficial.
    Endorek and Zinth like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2 box I shaman/beast or beast/rogue.

I run shaman on laptop and beast on PC as it needs more movement control. Left hand heals right hand dishes out the damage. I switch beast to laptop if I box the rogue.

Looking at this thread for ideas for persona teams for next TLP.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

I play a bunch of different characters but my favorite group is SK, Shaman, Bard, and Rogue with 2 DPS mercs. I truebox so 4 isnt bad to box.
  11. hein Augur

You are able to do most missions with the BST as your main? I've been considering setting aside my BST even tho it's my favorite character, just because I'm under the impression that If i want to do missions, especially in LS i need a real tank. (My 112sk is on same account as my 122 bst).

So my current combo is 122 BST + 117 Bard + Mage (almost ready to join group)
    or I can start working on SK and it would be 112 SK + 117 Bard + Mage.

Howeever, If I could do all those things with BST instead of SK, I think I might prefer that.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

I main ENC. I boxed CLR because my friend is a PAL. After returning from a break, I added a MAG which is my favorite box. I enjoyed this because I got to challenge myself on the ENC. I eventually got tired of playing CLR. Switched CLR with SHD. SHD is now my favorite single character to play. I sitll love my ENC main but SHD is so self-sufficient in the group game. My new SHD struggled even with 2 cleric mercs so I added DRU to patch heal the SHD. Now the DRU almost never needs to heal and is used for DPS. DRU being able to heal is nice though because I don't have to have a merc, so I could farm a raid instance for luck augs if I wanted to.

I am very happy with this mix. DRU covers track, ports, heals and can DPS when not needing to heal. MAG is my favorite box because it is so simple to box and the pet backs up the SHD/Mercs. SHD is mostly T1 raid geared and really lets me do things I could never do with a merc and also I could solo in a way I never could with my ENC. ENC is my raiding main so it's role boxing is irrelevant. I'm not sure if I wasn't an enchanter that I would play ENC in the box team, but I'm caster heavy and the impact to my DRU DPS when my MAG/ENC is not present is huge.

I am very pleased with my ENC, SHD, MAG, DRU team.
  13. Valtam Journeyman

I have a Paladin, Wiz, Mage, Druid, Enchanter, Cleric. The Paladin is my main because, well, I like Paladins. The Wiz gives me transports, an evac, and DPS. The Mage gives me DPS, a pet that helps the group survive when the Pal decides to fall down and nap, and CotH which is worth its weight in plat. The Druid was my first alt, gives transport and a second evac, decent DPS and backup healing. The Enchanter has good buffs/ADPS/crowd control and contributes to damage, and the Cleric is the primary healer and HP aura provider (so the Pal can focus on his massive DPS output as opposed to healing). Certainly not a killer group (or more likely my skill level is sub par) but I have fun with them. And yes, I use a 3rd party program to help control them, otherwise I would be just the paladin, playing at 30 to 35 levels lower.
  14. hein Augur

Do you just play in the content that is ToV and below (current F2p) or did you buy LS expansion x 6? That is a thing that's holding me back the most I think from going from 3 to 5 or even 6 characters.
  15. Valtam Journeyman

I got the LS exp x 6. I grab whatever armor and spells I can, level up the Pal (gold account), and then work on ToV and ToL with the group. I have played around on the LS intro zone and can handle the named mobs in the NE corner so far, but that's as far as I'll go until I get the rest of the group up to 125.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Current F2P is CoV, not ToV.
  17. hein Augur

Your going to go to 125 before doing LS? Where will you get levels 120-125? I'm trying to figure out how i can get everyone to around 120 without purchasing the expansions first. So I would be stuck with content below CoV. I have LS on 2 of my accounts, but not on any others yet.
  18. Bumkus Elder

For alts, most of your xp will come from /Overseer. It's the reason to log in multiple times a day. I have a 123 Gnome ENC that only has 216/4339 in the achievement window. He will be 125 by the end of February. Of course, i have no idea how to play him. I just use him to Enchant and Tinker stuff for me.
  19. kookoo Augur

3 mages , shaman , druid , chanter ( i don't use 3rd party software, so using casters is easier ) , no need to place toons in melee range .

i got another box who can kill much faster :
    2 mages , shaman and 3 rangers, all lv 125. mobs just melt if i can use headshot..
  20. Piper the Viper New Member

I currently run sk, bard, shaman.

Which class would add the most or get the most from those thats easy to box? Thinking mage or wizard but not sure how easy they are to box or what kind of mileage you get out of them with tab - macro buttons to cast a few spells before tabbing back. Or maybe a beastlord, again not sure how box friendly. Was originally thinking about a necromancer but was warned that they are not easy to box.