Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by magshamenc, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

That's how I remember it as well. It was fairly rare to have people just come charging in. It happened but rare. Like 1-2 times a year.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Not sure how it is on other servers but on Bristle people seem to just be nice to each other for the most part we just get along.
    Flatchy and Yinla like this.
  3. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Right, most people are reasonable. And when they aren't, the game has a very clear underlying mechanic to resolve differences.

This discussion is all about people who can't win under the rules the game imposes during those rare situations where people aren't nice.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Servers tend to have their own rules, and will police them themselves. AB had a problem with someone taking others names a few years back, he got delt with by the raid guilds. Bot group V a couple of raid groups guess who won the DPS race. He soon learned how things work on AB.

AB looks after its own, which is why I'm against any server merger, you never know who you are getting or what unwritten rules their server has.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

That is one reason I have stayed, because of people like you. It is amazing the names you get used to seeing and the people you meet through this game. In all of my years on BB I have only had one instance of someone harassing's me and that was back when I would be camping Ridgerunner Drunt.
    I specifically remember when Fableds became a thing and people waiting in line for the fabled J boots I think it was. People actually helping others kill the mobs and congratulating them when they got them. Then next in line was up.

Lots of people have helped me on BB and I try and do the same now. Last expansion I cannot count how many Free TA me and Hinan gave away for One door open. Not sold a one. I appreciated it when people were nice to me so I try and do the same.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. GrandOpener Elder

I think I agree with you, but I'm hesitant to use the word "best" because the devs have clearly signaled (with Oakwynd) that they are considering changing it from more damage to first tag, across all servers. If your meaning is that "best" is whatever the game mechanics define as "best" at any given time, then yeah, we're in agreement.
  7. Captain Video Augur

I would not assume this. FTE was announced as an "experiment" in order to deal with a TLP-specfic set of problems. Among those who have actually played on that server, reaction has been very mixed as to whether it has helped or actually made things worse. We'll have to wait and see whether the same experiment is repeated on one of the next round of TLP servers.
  8. GrandOpener Elder

Yes, it was announced as an experiment, but they also specifically said that some of the new rules on Oakwynd could come to all servers if they perform well in practice. If the devs aren't happy with the result, then it won't happen. But it is definitely on the table.
  9. Captain Video Augur

Most players (incl. everyone I play with) are taking "some of the new rules" to mean the improvements to use of the Heirloom flag, and possibly some of the Legacy bonus rules for the benefit of those with one or more alts. Based on negative feedback in prior threads in the Veteran's forum, I would predict an open revolt if they tried to put FTE on Live servers.
  10. SteamFox Augur

Yeah, persona's may be the evolution of the heirloom characters from oakwynd which are now on every server. Instead of flagging everything heirloom, all your alts just share your inventory. No bonus xp though