EQ DX11 on iGPU?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zinth, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Zinth Augur

Would EQ run on an iGPU these days with the new changes? Seen plenty of people that can't run it on their old boxes anymore and I see the "minimum req" going up to "dGPU" but is it at all possible to run it on an iGPU these days, like say on a Intel 6100T which would be an Intel® HD Graphics 530 iGPU?
  2. Gialana Augur

I play on a laptop with integrated graphics. As long as the integrated graphics has at least support for directx feature levels 11_0, it should run EQ.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Zinth like this.
  3. Zinth Augur

Great, it should support DX11 from what I can see, would be bad to have to buy a pile of not so cheap GPU's just to play EQ
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

LOTS of my guildmates run iGPUs. The good news is CPUs with integrated graphics supporting DX11.1 existed as far back as 2011.

Happy Gaming!
    Zinth and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My video card bit the dust two days after the recent patch (wonderful timing!). Still waiting for the new one to arrive, so I'm on integrated graphics right now, on a 6.5 year-old desktop with Win10. No issues running EQ at all.
    Zinth and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

My 2015 macbook pro does not have a graphics card and is working.

I would not suggest buying an iGPU if buying new mainly because having a dGPU pulls the heat off the CPU. However, I have a MacBook Pro with iGPU I use to raid when I travel and it is fine.