DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jan 18, 2024.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Aye it is a big change.
    DX9 2002
    DX11 2009

Think of it like PS2 vs PS3, night and day.

PS3 is still pretty good to today.

Also remember, this is 2024, where we have AR, VR, 4K resolution etc. as a norm.
    Come here with 8k and ask about the game to be 8K compatible, thats being part of the people leading the pack with technology.

See this,
    https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-32-8K-Monitor/dp/B0727ZQ21F/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=8k monitor&qid=1706203209&sr=8-3

If you had 8k resolution like the leaders of the pack in technology.
    Commonlands would looks like this.
    [IMG]

We talking about 2009 though, DX11, 2009. Upgrade from 2002 to 2009.
    If it was 2024 tech, thats what you would expect. Thats the quality of 2024.
  2. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

You are right,,, but they did know of many issues via Beta testing but didn't fix them and chose to roll it out anyway. That is based on comments the many beta testers have left here, many with up to date systems.
  3. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

THAT right there is what pushed me to cancel my full access(Plural) Not to mention the slew of problems it has created for paying customers... functionality problems on a massive scale and these are on up to date systems, too.. Sad
  4. Mikana Augur

Ditto, they've lost two memberships from me as well. Would be interesting to see exactly what this farce has cost them in monetary terms.