QOL buying applicable focus aa via spell description

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It may just be me but I find looking through all my focus aa to find the ones that applies to a certain spell to be a pain.
    I was thinking it would be nice if you could just click on the spell you have loaded and in the spell description it listed the line from our AA screen for the applicable focus effect so we could buy new levels in it there.

P.S. when I say it may just be me I mean it :)
    Rijacki, fransisco and Yinla like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have the same issue. I can't remember the name of the orginal spell/disc that the focus is named after. I find it harder with the melee discs as they are usually totally different names, the spell usually shares a name, but finding ice comet for my wizzy was a pain as it was under ethereal...
    Rijacki and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Glad it is not just me and I agree in regards to the melee discs. Hopefully we can get it and not wait till all the UI is revamped. I get the idea that the UI is a side project for someone . Or at least it seems to be happening at a snails pace.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wouldn't this only be a problem if you've completely ignored a spell line? Even then, if you're taking advantage of auto-grant, you're only missing the last four expac's worth of AAs, and since there are two expacs per level range, you're only two spells behind from current.

If you read the description for "next rank", it should have listed all spells affected except the current one (assuming you've auto-granted). If you check that out, surely you'd remember the last spell, from just the previous (or two) expac?

Edit: OK, when a new max level expac comes out (like now), the next rank after auto-grant would still show two spells behind (whatever was current in CoV). Still, 99% of the time, that should be enough of a hint.
  5. fransisco Augur

Very much. For example, its not readily apparent that a damage focus will affect dots.
    On top of this, all content assumes your character has all relevant focuses.
    The stats page should show your focuses, and make it obvious if you are missing (or have out leveled) any of them.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It’s a problem for anyone that’s new to the game, returning, trying a new class, etc. The spell names are a bad system, and should just be standardized.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Bilderov Augur

Just another thing that you need to somehow keep track of because the game does a poor job of doing it for you.

Different AAs on different 'slots' on different timers across different levels.

Agree that there should be some sort of overhaul to sort this out.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Pretty sure they said during this years beta this is something they would like to retro change.