Eq resource.com with no ads

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gr8fuldave, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

Is there a way to pay for no ads on this site? The ads take over the whole screen when browsing on my phone. Is there a pay option with no ads?
  2. modsiw Augur

3. fransisco Augur

ad blocker and firefox. chrome fights ad blockers, but there are vastly superior browsers out there.
    Hobs, Cavall and Ileasa like this.
  4. Tuco Augur

yep. It's worth a sub price, riou and the rest of the team at eqresource.com put in a lot of great work.
    Nennius and Silvena like this.
  5. kizant Augur

It is worth the sub price but the ads are some of the most obnoxious I've seen in a very long time.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Don't go to Zam then.
    Cidran and Szilent like this.
  7. Lubianx Augur

Whilst ZAM does have ads, it is nowhere close to what EQResource has had lately.

Before I changed some settings on my phone, ads from EQresource would take up more than the entire screen. I had to minimise the size of the ad just to see where the x was (sometimes it doesn't even have one) then increase the size so I could "hopefully" click the X to close the ad.

None of this occurred prior to LS coming out.

Yes I know you can get a subscription, which I had for a few years, but I don't now (for my own reasons) and I shouldn't have to put up with entire screen blocking ads.
    kizant likes this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

You guys see ads? o_O
    Hobs and Tyranthraxus like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly! Ad blockers FTW :)
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is there a really good ad blocker for Android phones? I have tried two (new phone) and they aren't nearly as effective as the one on my PC.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Zam is fine if you sub for a year at a time... think its 9 bucks. I love allakazam but I really miss the days it got new content updates really fast. I like EQ resource a lot too I always have both up when questing.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

I sub to EQResource, but sometimes I either don't have auto login for that PC etc, and man the ads blanking your screen are irritating. EQ alla versions are also bad, if you resize the screen to visually see better ads will cut into the webpage and text etc.
    Lubianx likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are a few you can get on the app store that block ads across the entire phone including all apps such as games.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Firefox and uBlock Origin... Don't use Chrome unless you have to for some reason.
    Hobs and Nennius like this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No idea. I'm an old guy. I use my phone for things that require me to use my phone. If I'm doing any reading/browsing/researching, I'm on my PC.
  16. Strawberry Augur

I aggressively use ad-blockers on every site. Every site I simply read gets also hit with a javascript blocker to block the Jquery and React junk.

The "i nEeD tO MaKe MonEy, tUrn Of Ad BlockEr!"...argument flew out the window when you all started adding trackers, Google Analytics, autoplaying videos, crypto scam ads and malware to sites. I will block every ad without remorse.
    Hobs, Risiko, Xyphen and 2 others like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Represent!
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

And I promise to stay off your lawn.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

EQ resources is unusable now without a subscription. The ads are impressively obnoxious.
    Lubianx likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, no need, I'm not quite THAT old yet ;)
    Nennius likes this.