What do melee want as the end result?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Cicelee, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Zolav Augur

Ya know... who cares about melee running away here and there and missing some damage. It is part of the game, if you don't like it then play a caster. Some whole huge re-work of the system isn't needed for such a silly thing.
    Dre. and fransisco like this.
  2. Zolav Augur

You are mistaken, I DO NOT envy those abilities. It isn't my style to envy. However they have inflated to a ridiculous level.. that is a fact lol.
  3. fransisco Augur

saying you want them removed because the zerker version sucks kinda sounds that way
  4. Zolav Augur

Def does but that isn't the case /shrug
  5. Fintank Augur

Assassinate and Headshot should never have been allowed on raid content and should be changed appropriately to not affect it. In the group game those abilities have not kept up with radical HP inflation when you compare to the first 2 decades of the game ratio vs now. As a side not, anyone who thinks those abilities affect class tuning for either of those 2 classes is very uninformed. Decap is *that* bad to where it may as well just affect raid mobs still cause it is not a factor.
    Dre. and kizant like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

So on group mobs you say it doesn't matter cause it doesn't do enough damage, but on raid mobs with 100x more hp its a problem...?
  7. Fintank Augur

I said Decap doesn't matter. I implied that Assassinate/Headshot are weaker than they should be for the design of what was intended. A tool designed explicitly for soloing "weaker" mobs being better in a raid setting vs group content is what I am inferring. Their roles should be flipped, and they are currently the opposite.

If you go find Light Blues (original HS intent) at 125 it takes nearly 3 times longer to kill vs what it took for a consistent 18-20 expansions. (Excluding full burn and IF minis)

Random gigantic spike damage on raids because of con/bodytype is not good design imo. Even though nowadays heavier HS raids don't even have those classes on top of the DMG meter.
    Dre., jiri_ and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  8. EagleTalon99 Elder

I think adding a 2nd aura for pure melee would be helpful, and have the new aura also proc a self buff so the aura gives an enhanced version to the toon that's running the aura.

The new auras need to dps related. Both monks and warriors currently have defensive auras.

Some classes already get two auras
  9. EagleTalon99 Elder

I box a [111] Warrior, Shaman, Monk Berserker, Bard, Cleric. For trash mobs, I barely sip mana or endurance and my group is well healed: my warrior usually end up with over 90%, often 99% to 100% health the moment the mob dies, and even if the warrior was under 50%, he'd be healed to 100% in 2 or 3 ticks from heal over time spells still going off. -Trash mobs in Gnome Memorial Mountain.
  10. fransisco Augur

Isn't Gnome Memorial a bad place to compare? Stuff there gives way better rewards compared to its difficulty. That gear is like Meritus level gear, yet its t1 difficulty.
  11. EagleTalon99 Elder

I just started 6 boxing a couple weeks ago. It's a good zone to work out the kinks.

Before a couple weeks ago, or 3 weeks maybe, I'd been pulling with my monk out of group in order to be able to level up my cleric. (created in Nov.).

So I have limited playtime in higher level zones.

Been mostly questing since late Dec. in far lower level zones. Slayer Achievement to be specific. Takes months kill tens of thousands of mobs.
  12. EagleTalon99 Elder

Melee can dodge, block, and ripost attacks, tanks & berserkers get stun immunity, and monks can block attacks from any angle.

Edit: monks do get stun immunity when not facing opponents. But sometimes when pullling, a mob can still stun a monk before they turn around if they use the AA Distant Strike.