There's no point in a Bazaar mule

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Lilura Augur

There is such a flood of gear and dearth of players that sales have stopped dead and I let most drops, even Minor and Lesser runes, rot. I thought the expac would bring in new players but I go days with no sales. Just a few months ago I would get cleaned out in a few days. Not any more.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's not the reason there is no point... the automated pricing bots is the real reason.
    Dre., Xyphen, Duder and 5 others like this.
  3. Lilura Augur

How do the bots make a difference? Do a search for armors or runes. You get a dozen or more sellers.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh thanks for the reminder to turn my trader on.

edit: holy cow! how does anyone have 94 worg collars? Oh well maybe he will buyout mine then he can have 95.

edit2: the collar sold.
  5. Riou EQResource

Maybe your prices are too high? LS is on the easier side, but people slowly catching up also aren't rich unless they buy krono to sell or something
  6. Addikeys Elder

Illegal third party programs save the cheaters loads of time for setting prices with automated minimum and maximum reserves. If you don't cheat, then you have to do this by hand, which can take a tremendous amount of time. Some people believe this can help lower prices, but actually, it can artificially raise prices as it discourages non-cheaters from selling many things. It also allows the cheaters to snatch up certain items at prices they artificially deflate, to then raise the prices again. Since it's not a level playing field, there is "no point" in a bazaar mule if you are not cheating. Not all sellers are bots, but there are lots of obvious bots. This could be eliminated/mitigated in a number of ways, but the powers that be have apparently given up.

I think the best solution is just add this to the game as a QoL improvement so it's fair for everyone.
  7. Ksenija Elder

Sadly with a certain program encouraged and in widespread use, anyone who is not using it, is just hurting themself. At this point they should just package it with the game, warps and all.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What would be the point in joining them? A tradeskill made item starts at say 200k. You join them in the automated price wars, where everything drops by 5% every hour. That 200k item is below the cost to make it within a day.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

The way to beat undercutters is to undercut them enough that they dont want to lower their prices anymore. At that point they either buy you out and then reprice it or they just wait you out.
    minimind likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sales have slumped because no one can see whats for sale. Screens too dark.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea this expansion is kinda bad on fv. Besides timber ts drop like candy ( i got like 10kish ores and crystals) so everyone is making stuff and undercutting everyone. Group currency is super cheap since theres not many group missions and from what i hear gave out a higher reward this expansion. Least all my chars and alts will have a nice big bag and type five augs lol. Only ts i had to farm some was timber. I do wish seller was more like the buyer as in buyer you cant change price unless you stop buyer. Think that would stop scripts or whatever people use to auto price stuff i wouldnt know because i dont use anything like that i do it manually pretty much every day sometimes i take a break though lol. Looking at you costcutter ;)
  12. Angahran Augur

How do bots update prices?
    I thought you had to log out and back in to have the client read the bzr prices from the file?

I've tried just having a BZR file shared across different computers via onedrive/box/etc and even that doesn't work (I sometimes load bazaar mules on main PC, but sometimes I load on my laptop).
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

Exactly. This is my method. I don't even set up my trader all that frequently, but when I do, I undercut EVERYONE by like 40%, announce that I've done as much, and go AFK. When I come back, I've sold some stuff to people who obviously "play the market" directly or via bots and some stuff to real players.

Then I go get more stuff, rinse, repeat.

The vast majority of sellable items in EQ aren't genuinely scarce. The hardest thing to do is make a sale. Price it low enough and let people know you've priced it stupid low, and you'll sell.
  14. fransisco Augur

WAY to much is put on "bots and cheaters". There are actually ALOT of people completing. Anyone who competes with you isn't necessarily a bot (hint, most aren't).
    If it was all bots, it would be EASY to sell stuff. Put it for sale, and the bot buys it and resells it.
    Whats actually happening is that people take the time to check prices of their wares and adjust them. Funny how everyone else isn't willing to let you have the best price for the item they all want to sell.

But yes, blame bots and be the victim. Its always productive.
    Barraind, Zinth and Rijacki like this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

For those good sellers trying to keep all your items priced right, here is a trick.
    control-shift-click the item and it brings up bazaar window and searches for that item.
    Makes searching then repricing much quicker. You can even click it from the trader window.
    Kaenneth, minimind and Nennius like this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

so do they have 95 now?
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Nope.
  18. Addikeys Elder

The cheating program does just that over and over automatically thousands of times until it hits a certain threshold. Spending loads of time doing it by hand reduces the time to do other, productive things, thereby decreasing the game enjoyment and/or desire to even waste time planting a trader.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's very obvious when they are. Price the 3 TS rings at 150000, 140000, 130000 respectively... and an hour later Decepticon has them priced at 142500, 133000, and 123500. Do you REALLY think people take the time to figure out 5% off every item? You're not that thick in the head are you? Or just for kicks, price your item at 154333. Decepticon will be at 146616 an hour or so later.
    Schadenfreude and Addikeys like this.
  20. Addikeys Elder

Cheaters make more than players like you in less time. They accumulate more platinum and can buy up Kronos to affect the prices. They resell Kronos at a high price point, which players like you will pay for if you buy Kronos. They aren't "evil." They are cheaters who get to cheat without repercussion. Spend your productive time making money "hand over fist" while cheaters will make more, in less time, with less effort. To many players, platinum is a way to buy playing time (i.e. Krono). Cheaters make it more expensive for lots of players to buy time to play because they have to spend more time competing in the bazaar than out in the world getting an item to sell.
    Kaenneth and Schadenfreude like this.