Merc loses health when I ding.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by J'bone, Dec 14, 2023.

1. J'bone Journeyman

Category: Mercenaries [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Dec 14 12:40:23 2023

Character: Level 92 Wizard (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: Before this new merc problem with them losing their buffs, there was another problem I noticed. When I'd level up, the merc would lose a significant amount of health and still be a lvl below me. this was problematic during battle because suddenly my healer was drawing aggro while trying to heal itself.
    JulieMay64 likes this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I always thought that was because at level 1 they had 100 HPs as the max, but at level 2 they have 200HPs as the max - so the second you ding, they have 100HPs and need to be healed/med up to the 200HPs. Not sure I'd consider that illogical or a defect if that's how it's working.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Gialana Augur

I believe this only happens if your mercenary has relatively high-hp buffs. It's especially noticeable with Temperance at very low levels. Let's say a level 1 mercenary has an unbuffed hp-pool of 100 and a level 2 mercenary has an ubuffed hp-pool of 150 (I don't know if these are the actual values). Temperance adds 800 hps, so the level 1 mercenary would have 900 hps. But when you ding to level 2, I think the mercenary's current hps would be set to 150 even though its hp-pool would be 950. If the mercenary's current health was less than 150 when you level, I don't know if it would be set to 150 or stay at the current value, though.

Something similar happens when summoning pets. We have AAs that increase their maximum health, but they summon at less than 100% health. I always thought they were being summoned at whatever their maximum health would be without the AAs.
  4. Bernel Augur

It seems like a simple fix would be to keep the HPs the same no matter what. That is what happens with PCs and pets. Our HPs stay the same value when we level rather than being set to our naked, unbuffed value. However it's working for PC's and pets should be the same for mercs.
  5. Gialana Augur

I think I agree that a mercenary's hitpoints should stay the same when they level. Of course that would also mean they would appear to lose hitpoints when you level since their maximum hitpoints would increase. This doesn't really apply to pets, though, since they don't gain levels.
  6. J'bone Journeyman

my Monk's cleric even lost her self buffs, mana, hps, and the buffs my lvl 80 chanter put on her. So it's not just High Level buffs being removed by leveling up. THIS IS PATHETIC. it's been broken over the holidays and I've had to suspend my merc before leveling a number of times just to wait to unsuspend them after leveling. also general chat is missing again on Luclin. lol.
  7. J'bone Journeyman

Date/Time: Sat Jan 06 14:15:26 2024

Character: Level 78 Monk (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby
  8. J'bone Journeyman

Date/Time: Sun Jan 21 16:10:36 2024

Character: Level 75 Magician (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Knowledge

Description: I was hoping that this bug would've been fixed since it started when the new expansion launched before the holidays but here it is the 21st of jan and My merc still loses buffs when I level. Just happened on my free account on VOX when I was in Jewel of Atiiki. Gated out after because it's tough enough with just buffs from my 95 Shammy. I mean, c'mon, even Spirit of Bih'Li dropped and that's not a high lvl spell. My healer merc kept her own buffs, however. Which surprised me this time. And she kept the DS I put on the group.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...fs-when-they-level.294879/page-2#post-4272599