Monster Summoning line of spells

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Napol, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Napol New Member

As of now Monster summoning spells for mage have always been a joke and a waste. Can I make a suggestion for making them useful?

Have it summon one of are 4 random elementals and be level of the spell with an enhanced minion buff on it and make it larger than a normal pet. With the state they are in now, no point in them at all for anything. its a sad line of spells.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

For the current game, the entire point of this line is a mana return system for Magicians. This spell is used more than any of our other pets outside of our Swarms. Having a secondary use for such a powerful tool would seem a bit much imho.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Napol New Member

After playing a 125levels, Never used it. never seen another mage use it. Guess I`m doing it all wrong! o_O
    Muramx likes this.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If you only group you probably never need to get mana back mid 20 minute fight after a death. Try MS with max mana pres and summoning haste and reclaim energy, then compare that to meditation during combat. You can also do this without dying when low on mana, but have to suspend your pet.

Mage is probably the last class that needs more viable pet options and is currently very strong. A mage asking for more pet stuff is like a SK asking for more DPS and survivability.
  5. Muramx Augur

Na I have never seen a mage use it on live or TLPs for the purpose of getting mana back. At 125 group game wise I never run out of mana. The only time that pet was viable was like monster summoning 4? During GoD its was a monster.
  6. kizant Augur

Maybe it should summon real monsters. Like a vah shir or something.
    Sancus and fransisco like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Be fun if it summoned cannibal halflings and gnomes, and then when it "dies" it leaves a pile of bones.
    kizant likes this.