An Epic Journey - All 16 Epics Completed On One Character

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cuzon, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Cuzon Elder

Hello everyone! I wanted to share something that I just finished that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. Using the new persona system, I just completed all 16 Epic 1.0 weapons on one character. As far as I can tell, I am the first person serverwide to do this!

[IMG]

I started this back almost 3 weeks ago. I made a spreadsheet that listed all of the pre-lootable items and broke them down by zone. I did a bunch of running around and collecting things before I started actually doing the quests. I also had to level all 15 personas up to level 51 because if I remember correctly that is the level you have to be to turn in the epic and get it. There was also some faction stuff that had to be done for some of the quests as well.

I wanted to make each persona unique, and it just so happens there are 16 races and 16 classes. So no race was used more than once when I was making my personas. I know there are a lot of people who are hesitent play with persona's because they are worried they will break their character. Hopefully seeing this will help push those of you who are on the fence to try them out.
  2. Vicus Augur

Well Done.
    Cuzon likes this.
  3. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

You're actually about the 3rd I've seen, but the first to complete on a server no further than pop with the persona system =) Congrats! Prior to personas, I think BL and Zerker are the only ones you can't do w/o personas or Shrouds.

All in all, big accomplishment! This is in my list of things to do as well, in addition to leveling all avail classes to 65 on Agnarr =)
    Cuzon likes this.
  4. Cuzon Elder

I know there was someone on Reddit who posted they did all of the epics on Oakwynd, but Berserker is not active there so they actually only completed 15 of the 16.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Grats, thats awesome !

Which class, race mix do you use and does it also include 16 deities ?
    minimind and Cuzon like this.
  6. Cuzon Elder

I didnt do dieties because I wasnt sure how that would play into having to do faction. For race / class I did.....

1. Wood Elf Bard
    2. Vah Shir Beastlord
    3. Dwarf Berserker
    4. Drakken Cleric
    5. Half Elf Druid
    6. Dark Elf Enchanter
    7. Erudite Magician
    8. Iksar Monk
    9. Human Necromancer
    10. High Elf Paladin
    11. Halfing Ranger
    12. Gnome Rogue
    13. Ogre Shadowknight
    14. Barbarian Shaman
    15. Troll Warrior
    16. Froglok Wizard
    Risiko, minimind and Madeni like this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Impressive! Grats on your accomplishment!
    minimind and Cuzon like this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

If you ever want to redo that on another PC with deities, I made a post somewhere with a combo list. Could upload it again if that is wanted.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Grats, looks like you had a lot of fun.
  11. Cidran Augur

Congratulations on achieving this big feat.

I did plan something like this too, but I couldn't get used to see my characters swapping races all of a sudden, so for now I'm only sticking to personas that allow a class within the same race.

Can you imagine doing all possible classes for every race? :rolleyes:
  12. eqgamer Augur

Impressive /bow
    minimind likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Unless there was an epic that couldn't be done by a different class, pretty sure someone did this like 10 years ago already. Its one of the reasons they made some of these class epics not doable by other classes in the first place. People gave sony flack for it and there was a big thread on people arguing if they should just let people waste their time if they wanted io.
    Thancra and Jyve like this.
  14. Nniki Augur

Beastlord is the only class that can complete them all. Beastlord and berserker are the only epic 1.0s that are fully class-restricted, but you can use a shroud for the berserker one. Technically, you can't summon the mage epic weapon without scribing the spell, but the full epic quest for the summon orb spell itself is possible.

Outside of beastlord and berserker, the only classes that have epic steps that actually require their own class that I recall are rogue, paladin, druid, and ranger, but there are workarounds for each of those. The rogue epic requires pickpocket (at least as of 2021), but the pages are tradable or you can shroud to do it yourself. The paladin epic fight in Nektulos requires a paladin to trigger it, but you can use an alt or get someone else to trigger it. The druid and ranger epics require casting the Dance of the Fireflies spell to turn in a Firefly Globe for their VSR fight in Karnor's, but you can likewise get someone else to do that for you.

Think that covers it.
    Jyve and Riou like this.
  15. Muramx Augur

Congrats but... yeah have a guy in my guild on Oakwynd who has had them all (minus the zerker cause it's not out yet) for 2 weeks or so.
  16. Cuzon Elder

Then he didnt do what I did :)
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I would like to see the class requirements from the ornamentations for the epics removed.
    Jyve and Cavall like this.
  18. Muramx Augur

Ah we are doing this. It's not hard to complete the epics when you are 50 levels over the content with zero competition for spawns. I mean I have done the shaman one in under 4 hours when OoW was the current era.
  19. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I've done all the epics on different characters 2 decades ago. Different characters on different accounts requires more work and is harder. I win.
  20. Juzam_Djinn Elder

Why use that many personas? There's not checks for your class for some (all?) of them. I did the cleric epic on my druid years ago when some people on here were doing epics for classes that weren't their own.
    Jyve likes this.