Overseers xp at 121

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Scila, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Scila Augur

As of last night, Overseers xp at 121 on 12-hour runs changed to the same xp (unless that has gotten fixed) to .096 which is/was what collects were/are giving at the same lvl. As soon as the toons dinged 122, the xp is back to what it was in the AM yesterday a full 1% or the equivalent on crits.

What changed between yesterday morning and some time during the day - everything was working normally until 5:30 PM cst. at least that is the time I did the next 12 hour run.
  2. Gialana Augur

Not a bug. Here's the line from the patch notes that applies:

"Reward previews now factor in: perk, legacy character, and level and server-based experience modifiers."

After the expansion launched, devs told us there is a negative experience modifier at level 121. Before the patch, just like with collection achievements, Overseer reward previews showed they would give the same experience at level 121 as they do at most other levels, but they actually gave less experience at level 121. I'm not positive on the percentages, but I think a 12-hour common level 5 Overseer quest would preview 1.00% experience. However, the experience message in the chat window showed 0.96% experience. Since the patch, the reward previews now correctly show how much experience they give for your current level.
  3. Scila Augur

I would accept that ... except ... it was working fine up until last night. Patch was Wednesday.
  4. Gialana Augur

There was a hotfix yesterday, but it only mentions something about the new tower zone. I don't have a level 121 character currently, but I've leveled some alts through level 121 exclusively with Overseer experience before Wednesday's patch. At level 121, I'm positive the experience messages showed less experience gained than the reward preview indicated. But once they reached level 122, the reward preview and experience messages matched, and the percentages were the same as they were at level 120.

Are you saying that between Wednesday's patch and Friday night, the reward preview for a level 5 common 12-hour overseer quest showed 1% experience on a level 121 character, and the experience message said 1.000% on the same character?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's a known bug that, according to the devs, isn't really a bug...it's just a wonky way the game calculates the xp rewards on certain levels, namely the "new expansion" levels (101, 106, 111, 116, etc.). It's been that way for a long time.

As you said, as soon as you hit the next level, the xp goes back to "normal" and you get the exact reward listed. There's nothing you can do about it because it does not appear to be an actual bug, just stupid coding.
    Scila likes this.
  6. Scila Augur

Yes - Friday AM it was 1% - Friday evening it was less - this morning it was less - when they dinged 122 it was back to normal. Not sure what happened during the day Friday.
  7. Scila Augur

Lets see ... what is that saying ... summed up .... continue to repeat or learn and fix ...