Missions for Jann's Viel, how difficult?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Jan 19, 2024.

1. hein Augur

I wanted to get confirmation on difficulty before I spent a bunch of time working on this.

Can all the missions needed be reasonably boxed ? 121 BST + 116 Bard + HealMerc + DPSMerc
  2. Szilent Augur

If you're good? sure. Several will take a bit of problem solving.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Assuming the Beast and Bard are appropriately group geared, you should be fine. Almost all missions let you break in-between mobs so you're not fighting for 20 minutes non-stop. If neither toon has the progression done to request all the missions, that might take the longest.

The only two things that might be trouble ... whichever Smoke trial you do (recommend Wending Ways ... the one with the jump pads) and Strange Magic (the one in Relic).

Edit - Except for the Smoke trials, the missions in TBL are perhaps the best group of missions since ... well forever .. for an expansion. You can power through if you want or take your time, with many build in "pause" moments in most. Even the "raid" missions are different enough from the actual raids. Just a well done expansion ... well, except the Smoke trials ... don't like most of those.
  4. Tuco Augur

Strange magic will be difficult to do. You'll have to come up with a way to not get rolled by all the little shard mobs that spawn at the end of each boss. But it's probably doable.

5. Jamfest New Member

Still need progression done to gain access to a few zones. Missions are not bad. I normally run a set per week for guildies.
  6. Windance Augur

The pain and suffering ...

I tried going back to do the TBL missions and I found it just as hard to figure out who to talk to and where they were as when I did them the first time. Between the nonsense naming and psudo random placement of the quest npcs ...

I would expect by the time you get your 125 gear/spells, you can do most of the level 110 content solo. Just need to bone up on the specifics for each of the events so you know what to do.
  7. Knifen Augur

Yes, but dps mercs are boo boo just throw in an extra healer in case.
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Re-doing the plane of fire ones were a nightmare. Something something delete your charm signet and run back/forth to get new molds and signets.

Wish they just made it 1 NPC to talk to for everything.
  9. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I ran them with a friend at 115 and obliterated them. Some of the mechanics will be hard to deal with but a 121+ Bst with loads of AA should be doing the dps of a casual 110 group (what it's intended for) with just them and their pet. Throw in the bard and dps merc and you're good. If the bard has good gear and AA you essentially have 3 tanks. For the plane of smoke trials you will have to read a lot.
  10. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

True. Always remember to block the "promised" line so they're forced to actually heal.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

No matter what level you are youre going to fall off the edge sometimes in the jumping room.
    :)
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Some of us more than others.
    Svann2 likes this.