Make Laurion's Inn as a Separate Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KushallaFV, Jan 19, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Laurion's Inn should be its own zone, and the grounds outside should be a zone. Performance in that zone is really bad, especially with a lot of players.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I agreed in the past, under DX9 looking at the inn caused a major FPS hit for me, but now under DX11, there is no noticeable drop for me.
  3. Razorfall Augur

I don't know why it's so bad there. There's not much to the zone, so it should be pretty snappy.

Could the hourly swapping mechanic be part of the problem?

Additionally, there's always people sitting AFK in the inn.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Turning off Use Advanced Lighting helped me there.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm starting to think that it's the campfires that make looking at or moving towards the Inn so laggy. When there's only 2 or 3, I don't really notice any real lag. When there's like 10+, I almost can't move if I'm running that direction.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Its laggy as hell because everyone and their Grandma leaves their characters logged in 24/7 and sitting in LI. There are so many campfires I am suprised it has not burned the Inne down by now. Its great when they stick a campfire right in front of the door they want. The second you zone in your mercs poof because there are too many people in the zone.

I like the idea of a central hub to get to the zones but I hate that everyone has turned LI into the new lag pile.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

This would also have the unintended benefit of making the free-aa Emberclaw Sisters quest take 2 more zonings to complete, so maybe it would cut down on people riding that gravy train 24/7.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd be happy with an AFK kick for inactive players in LI. The same as they do on early TLPs.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

I agree with a slight modification. 30 minutes of inactivity = auto-port to Plane of Tranquility. It's safe and just one zone away.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

No.
  11. Angahran Augur

Instead of suspending merc, which would be annoying if you were in a group fighting something and your merc vanished.

Instead, the zone should kick inactive players (or groups if the entire group is inactive) to a new pick.
    Then keep sending inactive players/groups (and their campfires), to this pick until it is full, then start a new pick and repeat...