Gamma

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BBraidsLockedserver, Jan 18, 2024.

1. BBraidsLockedserver New Member

Put Gamma back! Game is unplayable now. We dont care if this isnt a bug. Its effecting much of your playerbase.
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

I guess it's not a bug, we need to get all the other software developers to change their gamma settings so we can play eq and use our computer for things like look at the internet?
  3. Lodestar The Undefeated

It's not a bug because the developer closed the thread down and marked it as "Not a bug". It's just the entire community's imagination at this point.

It's also the players' faults that they can't fix their own gamma outside of the game. This has nothing to do with an alpha-variant of DX11 being rolled out doesn't allow for gamma adjustments.

Reality without being facetious: A half-baked and unnecessary DX11 force-push is where fault exists. That's the upstream cause. Stating that gamma is non-adjustable because we are now on DX11 is an absurd statement to make after force-pushing DX11 alpha.
  4. Amex111 Journeyman

Not to mention, removing many users posts as they see fit.
  5. Lodestar The Undefeated

I will say, the Gamma lines were not removed from eqclient.ini. I have not tried changing them though to see if gamma is still adjustable (my setup is reference and doesn't require gamma adjustments, so I'm not going to spend time further testing unwarranted changes due to a DX11 alpha push).

I'd encourage others to try however who desired in-game gamma adjustments still.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I wasnt seeing the issue in most zones, but when I did the FF mission the ground was blacker than I would like. I think that may be a missing texture issue though.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oddly, as of today, Enhance Vision now does nothing. No change at all. Hmmm