Confirmed Inventory Screen Off-Kilter with Mouse

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dalandrial, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Dalandrial New Member

Category: Other [Can Reproduce]
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 17 2024
    Description:

After the patch on January 17, 2024, I logged into my character, and the mouse pointer no longer lines up with the inventory screen. I have to slide over to the right, and down "some" to complete an action. Mind, this is only for the main tabs - no issues with bags, or key rings or any of the other click-into areas.

I do use the New UI.
  2. Dalandrial New Member

Update: items I pick up from my bags also appear to be floating somewhere on the screen where my cursor is not.
  3. Jedis Arch Mage

Try disabling third party programs that will not be named and see if it resolves your issue. Most of these odd-ball issues are related to programs manipulating and injecting themselves into the eqgame process.
  4. Gentsia Apprentice

I am having the same issue since the patch; I have NEVER used and NEVER will use a program; I value my character
    I can close any window with the x in the corner except the inventory window. Everything is off and have to click inch and a half ish to the right and down a little to open/pick up what i want, which is really an issue when you are doing quests, or anything really. Other windows work fine, and all respond to escape key to close a window, even inventory one.
  5. Gentsia Apprentice

Tried switching video modes, and fullscreen and it works then....but i like windowed because i do dkp!
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

No 3rd party programs. It turned out to be (gasp) the new UI.
    Turning the scale back down to 1.0 fixed it, for now. But scaling was the only point of using the new UI, so go figure.
    Andarriel and Jedis like this.
  7. Umidar New Member

This appears to be impacting only folks using Windowed mode.

My easy fix:
    1) Log into an alt you don't care about - this messes up the UI layout, which is why I use a character I don't care about
    2) Switch to Full screen mode, then back to windowed mode
    3) Camp and switch to a character you care about
    4) Your mouse now is in the correct orientation to the items on your screen (Inventory, Window Selector screen, etc.)

I've verified this process on two different accounts.

UPDATE: This fix does NOT persist post-reboot, so we need a long-term fix from dev.

Note: I'm using standard UI and no 3rd party apps, plugins, etc. Not sure how this would work for folks with non-standard UI's
  8. Ismel Augur

to fix this set scaling to 1 apply and then changed it back to whatever you normally have it at and the mouse/inventory thing is fixed
    Hazmat962 and Dalandrial like this.
  9. Umidar New Member

Tested and this does not persist after exiting the game and/or rebooting.
    Ismel likes this.
  10. ChiiChii Augur

remember to click the Like button on the opening post :) :) :)
  11. Ismel Augur

Yeah I did not try relogging nice catch and upgrade this to annoying!
    Umidar likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

had same issues til i redid my ui scale. Make sure to log out so it stays i did offline and had to redo all my traders again.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea im about to turn ui off and everytime i relog i can access bags or and icon when grabbing something isnt were it should be. redoing ui scale is a fix til i log and then i have to redo it. I like the ui size increase dont really wanna turn it off. I use default and no 3rd party software never have never will.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its gotta be ui related because i cant open my inventory bag but i can on bank and shared bank slots. Didnt happen til last patch. Well i fixed the problem all i had to do was turn off ui. Guess i wont use til they get this fixed.
  15. Umidar New Member

UI Scale appears to be the common link here. If you lock in at UI Scale 1.0 everything lines up and persists upon exit and relaunch of EQ. Any UI scale outside of 1.0 fails to persist.
  16. KyngLear New Member

I am having this issue as well, all accounts all characters. I am using no 3rd party apps. Please fix this, the game is unplayable if i cant use my inventory