Not A Bug Gamma option

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lete, Jan 17, 2024.

1. MischiefMage00 New Member

What does it look like? It looks darker than I want it to, and the slider I used to adjust that is gone. Don't really need a pic to show that. It's that simple.
    Warrior187 and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  2. Jadefiretiger New Member

im sure i screen shot wouldn't hurt though so they can see how bad it REALLY is
  3. Niri New Member

One problem with that is that it affects *everything* on your computer, not just the game.
    Since I do a lot of photography, and therefore need my screen to be calibrated accordingly -- that isn't an option or a fix.
  4. Danryk New Member

Having the same issue as folks here.
    Warrior187 likes this.
  5. Zariah New Member

Everything is too dark, please bring back the Gamma option.
    SelketSapphire and Warrior187 like this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

""
  7. Knifen Augur

My dark screen gets fixed by going to the desktop, right clicking on desktop and selecting display settings. Soon as that window opens up and loads it resets my brightness to correct setting, tab back into game and its normal brightness.

I play in windowed mode and have had to do this anytime i close down a second eq window while playing, it would go dark and not reset gamma until i do the fix above.
  8. Neckynec New Member

EQ has always had very low gamma on my systems, to the point that it was hard to see parts of the UI. But for years I have just turned the gamma up in game with the slider and it was fine, now that they have removed the gamma slider I can only play if I turn up my system gamma which makes everything else I do in windows washed out and faded.
  9. Angahran Augur

You know DBG doesn't believe in testing!
    They just make random changes and push them to Test server, ignore any and all feedback and then push the same crap to Live servers.
  10. Narune the Rising Sun New Member

I have an LG UltraGear QHD 32-Inch Gaming Monitor 32GP750-B, IPS 1ms (GtG) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 super for a graphics card. Last night everything looked so vivid in game. Looking at anything gold was blinding while the rest was dark. I even tried different monitor settings. Logging back on this morning and reading the post about adjusting the gamma for the video card so far is working and everything looks normal again.

Thank you for the suggestion!
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

It baffles me that EQ devs believe this is ok.

It baffles me that the bean counters make them push this noise.

Everquest has the least adult development arc of any major title game I have ever played.

they will censor, shadowban from forums, prune entire threads, groups of threads that expose this. Anything but the truth.

There was recently a very good read on botting in new expansion, at page 7 the thread was just removed and not once did any dev have a word to say.

I got blocked from replying to a couple threads due to using these words:

"Ineffectual customer service"

The words "Ineffectual customer service" in a thread about missing items got me shadow banned, I was blocked from replying to "certain" threads

They know.

We know too.
    Zariah, Danryk and Warrior187 like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pal'Lomen - Advanced lighting on, slider full right for brightness still too dark, but anything light coloured is too bright. This is hurting my eyes so I'm out till they fix it!

[IMG]
    Silvena, Warrior187, Zariah and 3 others like this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

nor should the developers of this game expect it.

This is junior development fail in all it's glory.

These isues were in fact, discussed on "test"

test

[ test ]

See synonyms for test on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    1. the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial.
    2. the trial of the quality of something: to put to the test.
    Nennius and Zariah like this.
  14. Vahkan New Member

This is almost unplayable. So dark at times (such as nighttime, or in dungeons and tunnels) I cannot see at all. Even with advanced lighting on, my bags and their contents are still almost black. For me, the Enhance Vision does nothing more than change the hues. We need the Gamma Adjustment bar back!
    SelketSapphire, TB_AB and Warrior187 like this.
  15. axlanders New Member

After update on 1/17/2024 my screen is dark like I am in windows mode. I tried to adjust in but nothing. I can't switch to home page when I do Alt+tab, all it will do is change to windowed.
  16. Galaen Frost New Member

I cannot play the game, it's simply too dark. The Enhanced Vision slider does very little and I can't just adjust the settings on my monitor or computer because everything else is fine except Everquest. Please fix this.
    Warrior187 likes this.
  17. Upgraieddd New Member

I have tried monkeying around with settings inside and outside the game - I am also on board with this being awful and unplayable...please fix asap.
    SelketSapphire likes this.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

As you surely know, advanced lighting does not have a noticeable impact in many zones. But I am curious...do you have HDR enabled in your display settings?
  19. kizant Augur

No my display doesn't support HDR.
  20. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Interesting. While your example screenshot is from a zone that I would not think a person would likely experience a lighting issue with, I'm assuming you have gone to several other zones and have had a similar experience to what you describe. (Otherwise I assume you would have mentioned it)

I might not have time to do it tonight, but I am going to try connecting two other monitors to my computer (neither of them support HDR, but my current one does) and see how things playout.

I'm not expecting that to be the issue or to even solve for it...but all I know is this:

Every other PC game I have played has a gamma adjustment selection.

To any naysayers reading this and saying "enhanced vision is a gamma adjustment", it is not.