DirectX 11 API Port is live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Scila Augur

Windows controls the display settings ... if you are current. Setting the gamma to be "correct" for everything else creates the dark EQ in the game. Washing out everything else for your computer usage "fixes" EQ. Why should the user have to flip back and forth to have a functioning computer for other things like kid's homework, streaming movies, etc. then change it back to play EQ? They shouldn't. This was reported in Beta as a problem and delayed. It needs more time in the oven and is still underbaked.
    Tensor, Yinla, Barton-Vox and 6 others like this.
  2. Peter_The_great Elder

No improvement at all in the game, still stutters when panning around fast in PoK. 120fps down to 1 fps.

5600X
    7900XT
    32GB RAM
    NVME 1TB
    Win 10

That said, game looks better on max 1440P =) I hope one day the game engine can comply with the modern PC hardware so we can get rid of the horrible stuttering.

Thanks EQ devs! Keep up the good work.
    Ileasa and Cloud739 like this.
  3. thantoas New Member

I am getting the dark screen too...but I don't think it is gamma...I think the ground texture is not loading correctly....

anyone else seeing texture issues?
    Ileasa likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Turn off frame rate limiting in Innerspace... it's broken. It does exactly what you're describing.
  5. Scila Augur

It's gamma at least from what I see. Adjusted the gamma in windows and it's back playable. Shouldn't have to do that and it breaks every other app I use.
  6. Koota_ New Member

I have a similar issue. What is Innerspace?
  7. AamesJr New Member

If Anyone is having an issue with dx11 that your game only displays 1/4th of the screen, what I did was actually went into compatibility settings on the eqgame.exe and checked turn off fullscreen optimizations. I previously had scaling options set but I ended up clearing those and not needing them with the dx11 patch. I don't know why this worked but it did! GL all!

ps. I play in windowed mode at 4k
    ps. it does appear that the game now follows windows scaling settings so thats cool
  8. Exmortis_MT Augur

So far I have to say nothing but positive things regarding the Dx11 API update overall.

I have as my main desktop:
    Ryzen 5800X3D CPU on a Gigabyte Aorus x570 board
    Corsair 32GGB (4x8) RAM
    XFX Radeon RX 6900XT
    Samsung Odyssey 34' OLED (3440x1440)

So I just installed the CPU and GPU over the holidays so BIOS, and all drivers were updated just prior/after the upgrade. I also upgraded from a Dell U3415W (3440x1440) to the new screen.

I have noticed the following:
    1 -- My ultrawide aspect issues are almost all gone, I can play now full screen (Windowed) with almost zero noticeable negative effects. NICE!!!!
    2 -- The texture load delay on login seems so far to be gone, it was really bad, like close to a minute or more before any model had a texture. if you love the color grey it would have been wonderful I guess.
    3 -- I currently 4 box and performance is seemingly unaffected negatively, possibly (though not tested) better. I am probably the last of the old school boxers, I use no third party software and just windowed instances, in game macros, and my own two hands.
    4 -- Game is a little darker, but the color contrast has been seemingly improved and looks great on my OLED screen. I have played with the new vision slider, but have so far left it at the lowest setting. I am currently in Dulak's, so my mileage may vary as I move on.
    5 -- I also brought it up on one of my three Ryzen5600G/16GB/Gigabyte B550 systems and it works and looks almost as good, but it has a inferior screen :). This also has the last of the GCN drivers, which I updated over the holidays.
    6 -- I turned on advanced and bloom lighting on my main desktop, so far its good, but I have not popped into Kael. There were zones that used to be unplayable with these settings on, so again my mileage may yet vary.

So one thing I was thinking, do screens have a role to play with the darkness issue? My main game system is 175Hz OLED connected via DP, my three Ryzen 5600Gs have as small144Hz IPS panel connected via HDMI.

***Possibly older TN panels are some of the darkness issue?
    ***Also I have the screen drivers installed for all my screens, for those with more modern screens with the darkness issue, possibly install these if available? These can/often include color profiles.
    ***Food for thought.

I have not tracked FPS yet or another performance other than nakid eye test. However at my age maybe that's the issue :)

Few things still around (probably not related but will mention):
    1 -- The few minutes in game complete lag spike still there, everyone I know that plays has this. Seems a few minutes after login and play, the game freezes up for a good 15 seconds or so. Also this time delay seems to be random and not an exact science, but happens every time I login to play. each of my 4 instances suffers it, but usually not at the exact same time.
    2 -- Wandering UI elements. They just have a mind of their own an I have to move them back to their proper position no matter locked or not.

That is it for my initial few hours of play since the patch.
    Ileasa likes this.
  9. Ikonz New Member

How hard would it be to have an option to use dx11 or stay at dx9 untill we can get upgrades or issues worked out? Would this be possible or would it be a nightmare to do?
    Tensor, Warrior187, Tempr33 and 2 others like this.
  10. Forcallen Augur

Pretty sure folks were also seeing this on beta with DX 11. This started happening in guild lobby post patch, believe it relates to certain mounts.

[IMG][IMG]
    Ileasa likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that looks a lot like the messed up crap I was seeing in the lobby last night.
    Ileasa likes this.
  12. Grau Elder

Well, I can't say for every laptop but my screenshots are taken from an ASUS ROG Strix laptop with both an iGPU and a Nvidia GPU. Perhaps it is because I have it connected to a monitor (or TV in my case).
  13. Akilah New Member

Not sure if it is DX11 related, but since the new patch, I am having issues using alt-tab as well as the Windows key. Anyone else having a similar issue ?
  14. Bernel Augur

Does anyone know if the background FPS setting is working? It seems like the background clients are running at full FPS. Previously when I had overlapping clients, the one in the background was visibly chunky. Now both the foreground and background clients seem to be running the same FPS.
  15. Magickon Augur

16. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

What are you talking about, it's as squished and stretched as always and particles effects are detached from geometry as always been on ultrawide. Got me excited for nothing.
  17. Forcallen Augur

Do you happen to box? I only get this on my first loaded toon. The other 3 are not seeing it even with all settings exactly the same and when standing in the same spot.
  18. Grau Elder

Reshade 6.0 works and helps some (at least using the packaged FXAA and fake HDR settings, for me). No idea if it will get you flagged as a ToS violation. I would hope not.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah...boxing 3 toons. All 3 saw...something...but each messed up graphics looked different on all three accounts.
    Ileasa and Silvena like this.
  20. kookoo Augur

i am getting this here and there as well ( but it was in g-hall for me ), pretty new computer , win 11 , 4060 Ti videocard
    Ileasa and Silvena like this.