DirectX 11 API Port is live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Every freaking zone, dude.

Just like the new UI and personas, this DX11 upgrade was absolutely, in no way, ready to be launched.

Why the rush to get it out? Just keep it on Test until it actually freaking works.
    mercury890 and Warrior187 like this.
  2. Montag Augur

Wow bad idea massively upping the sysreqs on a 26 year old game.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Phrancy like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Innerspace (ISB) users.. you need to upgrade to the latest Development build to fix the GPU 0 issue. Right click Innerspace, Patcher. Then click the Development tab and Install 1.19 Build 7232 and you'll be back online. It does have a little bit of an issue whenever you're zoning - flashing screen but gameplay is fine.
  4. Neckynec New Member

Everything about the game is way too dark, and without the gamma options there is no way to fix it without turning up your system gamma when you play and then turn it back to normal when done playing.
    Warrior187 likes this.
  5. Phrancy New Member

I tried to follow the directions on how to check my system and see if it was compatible with DX11 and nothing comes up as stated in your directions. I have a faily new computer, less than 6 months olds, 64 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Says it's got a radeon video set up in it but I don't know and the screen brightness is much to contrasty. The bright areas are washed out and the darker areas are almost to dark to see. I can't play with it like this. Please fix it really really soon.
  6. negolin Journeyman

Feature levels 10_1, 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, 9_1 isn't good enough? What do I have to do? My driver is updated.
  7. SirPhobosKnightofMar New Member

As a counterpoint to those struggling, this patch went off flawlessly and runs perfectly fine on my system.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x, 16 GB, GeForce RTX 3060
    Rijacki and Tuho like this.
  8. Gialana Augur

No, it's not enough unfortunately. It needs to have Feature Levels 11_0 minimum now.
  9. JulieMay64 New Member

Every zone is too dark and if you turn the enhanced vision up then it washes out. Tried advanced lighting and that doesn't work either. Put this back the way it was prior to the 1/17/24 patch. It was visually perfect and now you've ruined it.

Also, the full screen window acts like a "windowed full screen" - meaning it 'appears' to be full screen, but it continues to act as if it's windowed. I think you broke it.
  10. Phrancy New Member

The screen is either to bright and all washed out with the windows nearly to dark to see or the whole screen is to dark. I can't play it like this.I tried everything I could think of in the game and nothing helps.
    I'm completely lost. I tried following the directions to check my system and nothing is anything like you described. I'm not a computer geek and I have no idea what to do now.
    Please fix it.
  11. Lodestar The Undefeated

This may be the combat upgrade (CU) of SWG for EQ. I'd recommend a rollback to the pre-CU before it's too late, Daybreak.

Does EG7 have a convincing cost benefit analysis (CBA) showing a substantial ROI from this early rollout? Do these community-wide problems result in an increase in EBITDA? I'd surmise convincingly not. The common sense version of the question otherwise is: Why push a critical game update that's not ready with zero upside? What in the name of Norrath is accomplished?

The answer is simple: Roll. It. Back. Save your subscribers, save your revenue. Save the community. There is zero risk of rolling back and preserving your subscribers.
    Warrior187 and Montag like this.
  12. Scila Augur

There's another thread in the bug forums but this doesn't work. Everything is updated and current on both comps, meets the requirements, the slider accomplishes nothing close to what it should be.
    Warrior187 likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

I think the system requirements they suggest is just the lowest hardware they have access to, you can still run EQ with like at least 3 tiers of hardware worse then those minimums listed, it will prob be easier to see what players run with since they likely have a much wider array of hardware (as long as it supports dx11 to try)

For example that nvidia card is like 40x the Intel IGPU they list in their example and was generally 20-50% better then the AMD
  14. Baash Tunare New Member

Ryzan 1st gen 780gtx Direct3D 12 Feature Levels 11_0,10_1.......below minimum spec
    Seamless improvement at 1080p with all bells and whistles full view distances etc (game looks beautiful)
    120fps no issues on cpu or gpu loads.
    Running innerspace thou....is another story, so will update once they have time to review API patch update.
  15. zarcal Elder

Zoned into Valley of Lluyellan (or whatever it is in VOA) and could not see a thing. A name agroded from somewhere and well ya know.. time to watch netflix
  16. sinnister Apprentice

i found out just now that my gpu will not run the new dx that was rolled out. really, it wont. was verified by someone as only supporting up to 10. not cool to play a game over 20 years, and then my pc be obsoleted overnight. thanks daybreak
    Montag likes this.
  17. POPS New Member

I play full screen anyway to get back to alt tab to work on desktop etc... everytime i alt enter my tool bars go all out of whack. when i alt tab i can see my task bars just cant bring anything up infront of eq screen
  18. Damiel New Member

Ryzen 5 3600 , RX6600XT , 32 gig DDR4 3200 , Windows 11 , corsair mp600 m.2 , windows 11 , direct x 12. only 20 mgbs out in the country over dsl.
    I've got massive lag and graphics issues. I'll figure something out somehow.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You do know that this is like the 15th or so time that they have updated them right?
    Rijacki and Sturmlocke like this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is DX 11, you have to have the ones for 11. Install DirectX 11.