Not A Bug Gamma option

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lete, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Moege Augur

There is no per game setting ? AMD has it.
  2. Ub6Ib9 New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 17 16:51:38 2024

Character: Level 125 Beastlord (Main)

Description: I play in windowed mode. Logged in today after the update on Jan 17 to a different control for brightness. It's all the way up but is only about 1/2 as bright as the old gamma adjuster that worked great but now I struggle to see the game on all of my characters. When you're visually impaired you need things bright. The system before today worked perfectly for that. The replacement for the gamma adjustment, not so much. Please put it back. I consider this a graphical issue so I am using the bug report system to point out this issue.
  3. Salben Journeyman

Seriously can’t see anything in the game. Why would you push this trash change? Please revert asap!
  4. Goober New Member

All my accounts are very very dark even with max "enhanced vision" or whatever.
    1.) Please don't get cute with nomenclature. People know what brightness is and its in a display setting, so you're not breaking immersion here, call it brightness or go back to Gamma. "Enhanced Vision" is stupid.
    2.) Enable it so I can play without straining my eyes please.
  5. genaro44 Lorekeeper

Not having a brightness slider is daft. I don't understand. (Don't bother trying to explain, there is no excuse for not having a brightness slider.) Enhance vision has no effect on the UI.
  6. Warrior187 New Member

Canceled x4. Its 2023, I'm not paying for something I can't see.
    Phrancy, Fishlips_Jones and Iven like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

It worked for me.
    radeon 6700 xt, win 11, new ui engine on
  8. JulieMay64 New Member

Every zone is too dark and if you turn the enhanced vision up then it washes out. Tried advanced lighting and that doesn't work either. Put this back the way it was prior to the 1/17/24 patch. It was visually perfect and now you've ruined it.

Also, the full screen window acts like a "windowed full screen" - meaning it 'appears' to be full screen, but it continues to act as if it's windowed. I think you broke it.
    Phrancy and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  9. Scila Augur

We shouldn't have to adjust our personal comps every time we go back and forth from one game or application to another if EQ is the only thing that currently isn't working correctly and what is in-game as a workaround to the old gamma slider isn't sufficient to work correctly.
  10. Artybouy New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 17 20:26:32 2024

Character: Level 121 Warrior (Main)
    Zone: Hills of Shade

Description: The DirectX-11 port has renered the screen so dark that the game is nearly unplayable.
    Phrancy likes this.
  11. zarcal Elder

This is bad, guild hall is dark and the enhance vision slider does nothing at all. And i agree I am not into resetting my computer settings each time i want to play EQ
  12. Blue46 New Member

The screen is too dark to play
    Phrancy, Fishlips_Jones and Tesla369 like this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I have defended this change in prior posts, but I'm now carrying the pitchforks along with everyone else. I assure you, my display settings are calibrated correctly. I did this again with a spyderpro earlier today.

Game is just too dark. If this isn't addressed soon, people are going to quit in droves. Everyone looks at the game.

And yes, I am using the DEFAULT UI and the vision slider IS working. Like many others have said, no matter what I do, the game is just way too dark.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Who tested this change? After embarrassing them in public, please fire them. It is not a small mistake and not one that should be defended.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I told you DX11 wasn't ready. Wasn't ready by a long shot....
    Phrancy, Nennius and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  16. Diimmu New Member

Came here to add my +1. The Enhanced Vision has zero impact on the default UI elements and it is incredibly difficult to read without eye strain. Game is unplayable without inducing an aneurism. My Gold status just renewed over the weekend for several accounts. If this takes a month to resolve, can I credit back since I can't actually play any of them?
  17. Zendaar New Member

Too dark! Also, UI unplayable. Cursor locked holding item and can't replace bag in inventory.
    Phrancy likes this.
  18. LopanHouki New Member

The new vision slider makes the world brighter, but it doesn't affect any of the UI elements. Buttons, chat, combat logs, all stay the same level of darkness. It's hard to read, bad on the eyes, and I literally cannot play it like this.

Welp. My sub is up at the beginning of the month. If it's not fixed by then, then I will not be re-upping.
    Phrancy likes this.
  19. Inagaki Elder

And here's my +1.

Can't gamma adjustment co-exist with rendered lighting? Why must one be deleted to implement the other?
  20. kizant Augur

It looks good with an RTX 3070 and advanced lighting on. I just have bloom lighting and shadows off. What does it look like for people who are seeing a problem? Haven't seen many examples.

This is what I have without enhanced vision and it's OK.

[IMG]

This is what I see with enhanced vision at 100%. It's a bit much so I turned it down to like 50% but it definitely seems to work.

[IMG]