Not A Bug Chlorophyll Loop

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rippy, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Rippy New Member

Chlorophyll Loop pet earring focus isn't working.

With the earring equipped when I resummon a pet it is level 123 and without the earring equipped when I resummon the pet is 123 as well.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Pet foci don't necessarily push the pet across a level even when they do work.

The real way to tell is - the pet will NOT be at 100% when summoned if focused.

In today's patch and associated notes is the introduction of pet inventory viewability. an EM focus adds a back slot item which you can view to verify.

""
    • Added the 'inventory' option to the /pet command to interact with your pet's currently equipped items.
      • /pet inventory check - This will return a list of your pet's currently equipped items.
      • /pet inventory destroy slot - This will destroy the item your pet has in the chosen slot.""
  3. Kendeth Augur

Yeah, the increase in pet power comes from the template that it uses. Two pets of the same level that use different pet focus effects will have different health, damage, etc... even at the same level.

With the T2 raid pet earring from LS which has EM XXXII the pet gets summoned with the Cloak of Enhancement XXXII in the back slot so it is using the updated template for that focus. If I summon a pet with the NoS pet focus that is EM XXXI it has a Cloak of Enhancement XXXI instead.
  4. Rippy New Member

Perfect thanks for the clarification! When I checked further he is using XXXII.
  5. Tryllert New Member

This item has no upgrade at all. My pet with the old focus does more dmg than with the new one. This is just BS. And it does not improve the Servant pets at all. Like it is now, there is no reason to get this earring. Something has to be wrong with this item/focus effect.
  6. Kendeth Augur

I just did a couple of parses of the pet with just the stuff he comes summoned with, two weapons, and conflagrant pants plus burnout and the new pet focus was a dps upgrade from the NoS pet focus just not a huge one:

EM 31: 164,495 dps
    EM 32: 179,541 dps

They purposefully adjusted the curve with the new pets so that the HP and damage gained from each new focus level was smaller, so that the power increase from increasing focus effects would have a more gradual increase in power. It was initially much worse in beta with the new pet actually being not an upgrade at all (or even slightly worse if I remember right) and then it was adjusted to be an increase but a small one with the highest focus. I think this was to offset the massive increase in pet power that happened in ToL (if I remember the timing on that correctly).

To quote Aristo from the beta forums:
    Followed by him undoing some of those decreases:

As for servants there are issues with swarm pets in general not being as good as they should be in LS. While mages don't have it quite as bad as other classes it is still an issue for us as well. There's more detail in this post if you have access to the beta forum https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ls-swarm-pets-are-not-upgrades.294233/
  7. Tryllert New Member

Thanks for doing an extended test. Your numbers indicate a 10% increase from the regular pet, which would be fair I guess. Not a lot, but still. But as far as I can tell, it has 0% effect on the servants. I believe the servants do no more damage because they are the same level as the previous ones and they most likely has the same gear (if they have any at all) as the previous ones. So overall I am not very impressed with this new pet focus. Not worthless, but it is a pretty minor upgrade for the amount of work/time you put in to getting one. Not a bug apparently, but it is underperforming so much that it feels like one. So in my opinion I would say that it needs attention.

Also the link you included I do not have access to for some reason.