DirectX 11 API Port is live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Kounterchrome New Member

Same, it's dark despite enhanced vision
    Joules_Bianchi and Nennius like this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yeah, CPU fan is spinning hard for 2 EQ instances, that used to be silent for 9.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Mine does brighten things, but not a bunch.
  4. Grau Elder

Noticed this as well, can't seem to force on AA anymore, which is a real bummer. Not sure if something like Reshade would work instead, but being that it's an injector it may not.

Weirdly everyone complaining about gamma but the DX11 change has seemingly completely fixed my gamma problems... which before I had to turn up the gamma in the nvidia control panel to be able to see.
    jeskola likes this.
  5. Nyteeyes46 New Member

do i need to do something with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or innerspace to be able to log in and remove the error that comes up when i try to log on? itll let me log in directly from eq launcher just not through innerspace and i 6box
  6. kookoo Augur

same for me ....
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Are you sure that your install has DX11 installed on it? Contrary to popular belief, versions of DX newer than 9 do not include the previous libraries by default.
    Disregard that, that was meant for a different one. I would say check for driver updates. I would not think that any changes should make things do that. Unless something is not running correctly and this change brought it to the surface.
  8. Lodestar The Undefeated

I specifically reported this as an issue on Beta and received a dev response. However, even with their knowledge of it being an issue, they apparently pushed DX11 anyways without finding a solution.
  9. strongbus Augur

i six box. had my main on and zoning i get blinking screen but to find out what happens with full 6 on
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What zones are you guys seeing it being dark like this? Do you have things like Advanced Lighting on?
  11. Lodestar The Undefeated

Very disappointed that this was preemptively pushed just like personas. Why does DB feel a need to force push game-critical updates before they are ready? I say this on behalf of the community: Eventually a game-breaking update will be pushed causing a subscription-altering event for Everquest. There's zero need for half-baked updates to be force pushed risking mass subscriber losses.
    • Instant crash on first load of DX11 on a fully stable system.
      • T700 PCIE 5.0, RTX 4090, 7950X @ 5.9ghz.
    • Significant increase in hitching of real-time texture loading across the board. This was reported extensively and multiple times but not improved.
    • Feedback on Anti-aliasing not working was confirmed by devs on Beta, but then ignored and pushed anyways.
    • Drop in framerate performance: Bristlebane lagpile has dropped from ~30fps to ~17fps. The game is only becoming more unplayable with decreased FPS and increased hitching.
    • RTX 4090 no longer boosts from base clock speed to max clock speed under DX11. Given the FPS decreases, this needs to be understood/researched to see if it correlates.
    Exceptionally disappointed that myself and many others are now forced to endure framerate hitching constantly (on a maxed system) due to DX11 not being appropriately tuned and pushed before it's ready. This was not an issue to this severity on DX9.
  12. Amex111 Journeyman

Its not just zone elements. It's also UI elements like the inventory windows, bag space, etc that are WAY TOO DARK. Hurts the eyes and is not fair. Bring back an option to allow this. Stop breaking things
    Silvena and Yinla like this.
  13. kookoo Augur

well i was in g-hall and tried the * use advance lighting * i had all my furnitures to disappear and even the laurion door poofed . so i unchecked it .,then i went doing final fugue mission , and even with the enhanced vision set to max it was darker than what i was used to play .

( window 11 )
  14. Koota_ New Member

Seeing major FPS drops with this patch. On Oakwynd (right outside the main bank in PoK) there's maybe 50 characters sitting here. Pre-patch I'd be pegged right at 144 FPS. Now, im pegged right at 12 FPS unless I move away from other characters. Even then, I get half of what I used to get.
  15. Bernel Augur

Would this be the reason for the framerate seeming to be jerky and chunky? It's like I'm in the MGB pile everywhere I go.
    Ileasa likes this.
  16. Fluid Augur

FWIW: Dumps to the same error message on a Dell laptop but runs fine on a Lenovo aka IBM Thinkpad of slightly lower specs then my desktop i.e. i5 2.5 gHz vs 3.4 gHz. The one in three that it works on has a different version feature levels
    11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    => This is the one that works!
    I have one more ancient AMD laptop I could check it on but it is stored. So I have one in three working. Must say some of the new features are OK. Looks kind of pretty and being able to have an inventory button on pets is a plus.

Oh well. SOP, don't do anything that you want to be permanent for now. Expect to see an emergency patch soon.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

People complaining about too little brightness meanwhile I log into new Kael and nearly go blind from light.
    Ileasa likes this.
  18. Sambert New Member

mercury890 and Fluid like this.
  19. Silvena *poke*

Oh that's a whole other beast they haven't fixed.
    Ileasa likes this.
  20. Lodestar The Undefeated

Has DB conducted a cost benefit analysis on subscriber gains/profits as result of pushing DX11 early? Is there even a positive outcome or positive ROI of a successful rollout? Or is the NPV unacceptable regardless of the result, with the potential for a mass subscription exodus? Where is the EG7 oversight?

One has to ask themselves: Why force push a major game update such as this early with no upside? There is absolutely no benefit. This video illustrates that.
    Stymie, mercury890 and Montag like this.