Not A Bug Gamma option

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lete, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Xanorin New Member

This was an issue on beta. Using Windowed and Full Screen acts different in terms of brightness. The Gamma slider is indeed broken. This is similar to the Light/Dark Mode of Outlook and Teams. There is no Happy Medium.
    Phrancy, Zariah, Danryk and 3 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The new "enhanced vision" does very little if anything. However if you go into advanced and then make sure "Use advanced lighting" is selected it will over ride that "enhanced stuff" and make the background a bit lighter. But figures are still dark

I can't believe I worked so hard on my computers in the past to not show it this dark and now its part of the game.
    Phrancy, Zariah, Danryk and 2 others like this.
  3. Pumpkinsmasher New Member

Are we supposed to play this in the dark???? Never realized that most of my toons must be blind by default.
    Phrancy, Zariah and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  4. Catnipjunkie New Member

So it was broke on beta and they STILL put this into live. Great job of making things painful to see.
    Phrancy, Zariah, Danryk and 1 other person like this.
  5. GrumpyOne New Member

Enhanced vision does next to nothing for me. Track window impossible to see, trying to see anything in bags is even worse
    Phrancy likes this.
  6. YaRanger New Member

Wow. Great Job. Always wanted to play a game in the dark. Was the intent to make it so dark that collection items show up better?

Seriously though. How soon for an emergency patch to make the game playable again?
    Phrancy likes this.
  7. Niri New Member

Ditto. Game is very dark with "enhanced vision" slider at 100.
    Gamma is broken. Everything is very dark. (Win 11, Nvidia card with up to date drivers, running windowed.)
  8. Friendlysky New Member

My screens are dark on both Windows 10 and Windows 11. Have to adjust the gamma on the monitors to even make this a playable game again.

If it was broken on the test server, as people are saying, WTH even put this into live???????????????
    Phrancy and Silvena like this.
  9. TheBard New Member

I know I am most free to play, with a krono spent from time to time, but having to play in the dark is NOT pleasant. When can we expect to see this fixed?
    Phrancy likes this.
  10. keel Journeyman

found a fix for Nvidia users:

Nvidia control panel > adjust desktop color settings .. move gamma slider over to like +1.40 or so ..back to normal now.
  11. Kilzadi Not an Uber

If you still see a gamma slider in your options you need to update your custom UI. The gamma slider has been replaced by the "Enhance Vision" slider which has no effect on gamma.

If you want to adjust your gamma now, you will need to do it at the OS level, outside of Everquest. I raised my gamma in the NVIDIA Control Panel and it looks like what it was pre-patch.
  12. Angahran Augur

Loaded default UI and the three 'new' options in advanced display are not there.
  13. Kegwell Lurker since '99

unplayable on 2 of 3 accounts / computers.
    No use in keeping subscription if I can't see in game to play.
    Utter sillyness.
    Phrancy, Zariah, Iven and 2 others like this.
  14. Lothnor Apprentice

Problem with moving the gamma in the NVidia settings is that every other game and program then gets washed out. Oddly enough, I do not use my computer just for EverQuest. And having to change it every time I log in or out is crazy.

What was the point of breaking gamma? Is there some new super great feature coming that requires the world to be dark? Or massively bright for those that got lucky when using the advanced lighting feature?

I may go the route of changing my monitor or NVidia settings, but this is a stupid break of the game. And it is really sad when people are saying it was reported on test. Yet another example of "We know it is broken, but hey live with it until we get it sorted out."

Think I will go watch TV instead.
    Phrancy, Zariah, Danryk and 6 others like this.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

This is the only thing that I've found to actually work. Not ideal.
    Angahran likes this.
  16. Wyzzar New Member

This is ridiculous. I can't see anything in game because it's too dark. Making adjustments in my graphics card software and on my monitor have no effect except to make it worse. Looking at this level of darkness hurts my eyes. I have 3 accounts subbed to this game. I will be canceling all of my subs because of this.
    Phrancy, Zariah and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  17. Mayzee New Member

Please put gamma back in as an adjustable option. This is awful.
    Phrancy, Danryk and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  18. genaro44 Lorekeeper

So we lost the ability to adjust brightness without cranking the desktop gamma. Why. Wasn't that the whole point of windowed gamma?
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

behaves much differently fullscreen vs windowed I see.
    Joules_Bianchi, Today at 3:16 PM
    #19 Reply

You liked the post above this one, then posted this. Helps to read through the entire thread.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This was asked on test.

Fairly asked.

The patch was the reply.
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.