Does anyone think LS is hard?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Frael Elder

If I joined a raid guild, I wouldn't be casual.

There are no open raids afaik on my server. Also, joining an open raid doesn't guarantee loot.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Reading for the win. Depending on class you have access to 4-6 raid level items with .... zero kronos, zero guild needed, zero buying from raid farmers. Not responding to next pivot about woah is getting or evolving them, as folks have had years in some cases to do so. Its a choice to not have SOME raid gear. LS group weapons are the new choice some are choosing to avoid.
  3. fransisco Augur

Not trying to be rude, but not everyone is like you. Different people hang out with other people. Do you assume everyone in argentina is also just like you?
  4. Marton Augur

Saying that rare chase drops are abound everywhere sounds good but I'm done with hunter, done with progression few times and I have none. Didn't get any in NoS either.

As someone else pointed out, being in open raid doesn't mean the person will get anything. I've done it on my alts and /random was not kind to me. Sure, if people have a schedule that allows them to participate frequently, they can earn enough coins to get a thing or two, that's true.
    Frael and fransisco like this.
  5. Frael Elder

It's just absurd to claim not having raid gear is a choice. If an ultra rare item dropped I'd happily equip it right away, but I haven't had that luck yet. No evolving items since I have done very little progression since TBL, although I do have the 4 evolving items from that expansion still. You assume a lot without knowing anything about me. You claim to be very casual, while obviously you aren't. Being casual, I mostly just play for fun, upgrade when I get upgrades, don't really care a lot about optimizing my gear (these days), and really can't be bothered to be competitive.

And for some reason, not having any raid gear seems to be something that you just can't understand.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

I don't but back to what I said before, at this stage for someone to have zero raid gear means they purposely chose not to have those things.

People have had what 4 years to work on ToV earring, its still a great item for many.
    People have had a year + to get a raid cloak from NoS.
    People have had over a month to get raid weapons from T1 LS mobs or the baz or a friend. I got my T1 weapon rotting on a corpse someone had just left.
    People have had over a month to get a neck in LS. I've seen folks offering up task adds to strangers for neck rites for 100k if it drops.

Having NONE of these items is due to choice not being casual. LS or any new content should not be tuned around folks making these choices to avoid these things.
  7. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Your making up reasons why. In your case your 110 so you have no dog in this fight regarding why LS needs to be tuned so absurdly easy for people. People said well LS needs to be this easy because most people don't have raid gear. I merely pointed out how EASY it is for just about anyone to have 4-6 raid items if they cared about playing at all. If they are so casual or behind that they don't have a single evolve item or LS group weapons then it sounds like they already have 5 years of content to tackle. And being 125 all that content is going already be super easy for them.
  8. Frael Elder

/rolls eyes that you think I'm 110. Yeah, 5 years ago I was, about the last time I posted here. Haven't updated my magelo or profile because, well I'm casual and just don't care that much. If you even read the previous comments I've already said I'm doing ok in tier 1 LS.

And just because you say it's easy to have 4-6 raid items, doesn't make it true. If you really were the casual you claimed to be, you'd know that.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is why I quit EQ. This is also why I 4-box now that I came back. I work. I do what i need to do when I need to do it. If I have extra time, I grab someone in my guild who is having trouble getting things done and get those things done.

I like EQ, but I don't have time to sit around looking for groups. If I have a hour to play, I can't spend 30m of it starting a group.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Opal Journeyman

I am curious, if people arent doing progression, evolving items, raiding, camping namers for loot, farming AA's...what exactly are you doing?
    Nightops likes this.
  11. Frael Elder

Who isn't doing any of that?
  12. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

So you don't currently have 2-3 LS weapons as a warrior? If not then its a choice. If yes then you already have 2-3 raid items making LS even easier despite you blabbering about no raid items for the past few hours.
  13. Frael Elder

Yes I have a T1 shield, T1 2hs, T2 1hs. They are not raid weapons.
    Gialana likes this.
  14. Jack Elder

I can ALMOST see where you're coming from, but I know there are lots of huge casual guilds that raid casually. No mandatory attendance. Just come and go as you please. On and the guild is raiding and you don't want to, you don't have to. And you don't even need to be raiding current content! Got a group or 2 of friends and wanna go out and get some easily attainable raid gear, work on completing your acheeses? Great! There is something like, 30 expansions worth of content to go play in. I still go out and do older raids to fill out things that are STILL being used today and helping fellow friends and guildees get things for their toons. To say that the thing that defines casual is their lack of raiding is ridiculous. You can't even say the defining difference between players who find current content easy vs hard is raid gear. I know plenty of raid geared people who aren't the best of players making it hard for them to do the group content offered. And I know plenty of people who go out in woefully under geared toons that have no problem handling the content. A player's ability to poorly, adequately, or expertly play their toon does not come from their gear. Does gear help? Sure. It helps the adequate player. All this lumping the game into only 3 types of players, the casual (group players by most of these posts), the raider (the uber player by these posts), and the botter is a terrible way to look at the game. It doesn't actually reflect how the player base is composed.

Sorry about the wall of text. At least I used capitalization and punctuation :p
  15. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Thanks for playing. This is why we can't have nice things.
  16. Opal Journeyman

anyone can join most raid guilds as a casual. many if not most have a policy to allow casuals to collect dkp and loot items. My specific guild even has a negative DKP policy to allow people to loot with zero DKP.
    by Oct, everyone is geared and its all goign to casuals/alts/tribute. It is not uncommon for casuals to loot multiple items per event
  17. Nightops Augur

I think what the other guy means is that raiders currently in LI raid content have 4-6 gear items which they did not pull from a raid chest. But rather, because they dropped in what is considered to be 'group' content. As an example, the 3 evolving items (rallos earring, cloak, and neck items) and now with the LI expansions boost to melee weapons, those best is game for the majority of raiders are the T3 gallant weapons made from trade skills with a drop from either a named on the hunter list or in group mission chests. In addition, the majority of augs for every slot and type are picked up or made outside of raid content.
  18. Frael Elder

Well you do have a point, but I'm already in a guild. It's dumb loyalty at this point, but I'm at a stage where I don't mind not having raid gear. It's definitely not a choice though, which is a ridiculous thing to say.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Most people just cycle in and out of the game at various points of the year. They might get some levels, equip some gear, get a few quests done and then take a break again.
    Frael likes this.
  20. Frael Elder

Sure, there is raid equivalent gear from some group missions. I have the rallos zek earring, didn't get it past stage 3 because I wasn't playing enough to evolve it. As far as I know, it's probably not worth doing anything with now. The cloak from NoS, I didn't play in that expansion so unless I can go back and box it, that ship has probably sailed. I joined one mission for the LI neck but it didn't drop. In time I will probably go on others but I've been levelling and getting AA's. So, it's not due to choice that I don't have raid gear, it's due to me playing casually. Which is what I've been trying to explain all along.