Devs, can you explain personas please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HerdingCats, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Keise Elder

Only one problem I have using personas, I have to reinstall 2 wrist augs every time, same augs every time....5 seconds, that's not going to stop me from using them
  2. Cimbaeth Elder

It's odd. Sometimes it does that. Sometimes it doesn't. The wrist augs. But augs in other pieces seem to switch just fine. It's a very minor hiccup.
  3. Keise Elder

Personally, I mainly use them for buffs I need. I always have a couple characters that can't get buff because I have to log them off to log a buffer on, it's going to take awhile to get them up to par to use them to switch out and fight with
  4. Snazster Elder

Having a raid breakup because you don't have enough of a needed class is annoying. Having the ability to change to one other class (just one, chosen irrevocably unless the entire persona is deleted) would be highly useful. Change from DPS to Healer or Tank or Crowd Control or Melee to Caster or whatever.

A raid force where every character had a well differentiated alternate persona would be far more viable for the many guilds that struggle on the edge with maintaining the membership to do things.

However, buying a heroic 100 character? Okay, I can do that. Running that character up another 25 levels? Doable. Sure. Getting it adequately geared? Okay, especially if it shares raid coins. Earning another 40k+ AA for it? Never mind, not doing it.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am not stoked about personas but maybe someday I will be able to use them. I am now putting all my old raid armor and augs into my dragon's hoard. Visables are class specific but other slots are not. Someday I might make a BST or SHM and stack them with my old raid non-vis. I should have at least a little extra currency to buy the BST a pet ear.

I think there are better solutions than personas. I wish they would have spent the time developing a chat client that would let me connect with friends regardless of character or server. However, this feature is here and included in my expansion purchase, so I might as well try to find ways to use it.
  6. Cimbaeth Elder

Um. You can chat with any friends regardless of most servers anyway. ;tell bertox.jerkface or join rathe.general, join povar.general annoy friends on other servers all you want.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

On test I don't have the issue as long as I don't swap to an unequipped persona. It was odd. I swapped to an empty persona <I NEVER USE AUTO> and boom all augments gone deslotted on gear. I slotted that persona with equipment and saved, then loaded <Gear in bank so it can't equip> and it simply dequipped the items. Its weird.