Returning question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rolien, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Rolien Elder

Hey there I started on Oakwynd back when it first came and due to real life stuff had to stop playing.

Seeing the Alternate Personas feature in the new expansion however really makes me want to start playing again on either normal servers or Oakwynd.

Is it worth it for a person who doesn't box to come back? On either Oakwynd or Live servers?
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

I suppose it would depend on the class(es) you want to play, or moreover, your intent when playing. I just started playing yesterday on Oakwynd after a two year hiatus (we always come back). I purposely chose a class I can solo with to avoid the personal frustrations of needing somebody else. Keep in mind that even without boxing, you can join a guild and participate in all the game has to offer. Boxing only really becomes a necessity when the player numbers are so low that the desired classes can't be fielded. Oakwynd's population still seems healthy enough from my limited experience that requiring a box isn't a necessity.
  3. Rattenfanger New Member

Well, we're all here because we obviously think it's worth playing, and thus coming back.Whether you come back to live or TLP (Oakwynd) depends on what you want to experience.

If you're after the "classic feel of what EQ was 20-25 years ago" then TLP is the way to go.

If you'd rather get a feel for what the game currently is like, join a live server. If you join Firiona Vie server, the availability of gear in the bazaar that would be no-drop would isn't gives you a way to gear up in the low levels without having to run the actual raids. That means you can solo well into the 80's without having to worry much about groups or anything. Whichever server you join, a good guild is necessary to be successful on live server as the latter levels are not easy to solo, and it just helps to have people to ask questions and have fun with.

That said, I just abandoned Oakwynd because of the economy. I am thinking of going back one day because I like the rule set and I think it will be a great long term server with all the bonuses. But I find everything too expensive because they assume you will sell kronos to play. For me, Firiona Vie is the place to go at the moment. Then again, if you intend to sell a krono to get started, the prices on Oakwynd should be no issue to you.
  4. Tachyon Augur

i earn my gear, don't buy it so economy is no problem but pre-50 grouping is thin on oak, i'd wait for the next one.