only 2 missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think missions are the funnest part of EQ, and its a crying shame that there arent more of them. Please roll back the time warp machine and bring us the EQ that had lots of missions.
  2. DeadRagarr Augur

TBM had a lot of instances.
  3. Burdi Augur

I absolutely concur.
    expansions Have been missing group content since ROS.
  4. Anjanax Journeyman

Missions are fun the first 2-3 times you are doing them, after that its just boring routine and tbh.. i'll take 2 missions per expansion and get 135 currency each instead of 4 with 45 currency.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Its very annoying that there were 2 missions (stripped down raids) and thats it. There was no dev time for actual missions. Just spent a little time poorly editing a pair of raids. Yet there will be 8-9 raids.

Group missions are for the entire game (unlike raids). They need more priority in development.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At least the merc quests are worth repeating this expansion. I've prefered doing those to short missions which are over in a few minutes, like Doors and Kalandicar.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that the reduction in the number of missions likely has to do with other stuff that is coming this year with the year of darkpaw events.
  8. fransisco Augur

No, its because multiple devs quit or were fired last year.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Really which ones.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm very grateful fore Final Fugue like I was for close the door. I hope that having 1 easier mission per expansion stays the norm. I can box Final Fugue and the groups I join can usually beat it regardless of makeup. Heroes are forged on the other hand is a bit harder. It's nice when I have a good group to have a difficult mission but it's very nice to have a mission I can make progress with when I have less than ideal grouping.

It's nice to get 4 missions, but if I had to pick b/t 4 missions and what we have now, I'd pick the 2. My time matters and being able to quickly get 1 good mission with a payoff is great for me. It's okay if people get their farming done because a lot of people want to play alts and those that don't will work on their cloak.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Qwalla and Klanderso are the ones I know of...there may have been others.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Overall theres not that many ppl making eq so what do you expect? Im sure if eq made more $$$ and they hired more people they could do more.
  13. kookoo Augur

and tuned for group players as well .( group gears ).
    fransisco likes this.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I always pour one out for Prathun, whenever I look back at TBL's content. Ever since he left, the content has been sparse.
    Yinla, fransisco and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It's the main money maker for EG7, which purchased the studio in 2019.

Nobody here expects them to add a bunch of cinematics and cut scenes to the missions. They don't have to be anything overly complicated. Just a simple activity that serves as an grouping point for players.

Copy the zone and base pop, set the quest to kill 20 of a mob type and pop a random named from a hunter achievement. Done, then create another missions for a different mob type.

Keep it simple and stupid, with some filling content that's fit for a beans and rice budget.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but from how the other guy was talking it sounded like it would have been a lot. 2 getting a new job isn't going to cause anything like cut the number of missions in half. However planning out a year long event with new quests and missions each month might.
  17. Opal Journeyman

YOU WILL GET 2 MISSIONS AND WHEN YOU COMPLAIN I YAWN
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And Dzarn. Man, Prathun was really 2021? I thought that was early last year.
  19. Sancus Augur

Prathun left three four years ago (2020). Klanderso is still there unless something changed very recently. Dzarn, Truenorth, and Qwalla left/were laid off last year.

Edit: Here's the full list of changes in the credits for Laurion's Song (note that Qwalla is still listed, though she departed shortly before Beta):

Jennifer Chan (JChan) - Darkpaw Games Head of Studio

Jared Cate (Ratalthor) - Darkpaw Games Producer

Adam Bell (Ngreth) - Manager, Design
    Edward Hardin III (Aristo) - Assistant Manager, Design
    Alana VanCouvering (Absor) - Assistant Manager, Design
    Melissa Comeau (Zieri) - Designer
    Sean Declercq (Mrtyu) - Designer
    Erinn Fecteau (Qwalla) - Designer -- note that she left the company
    Phillip Sexton (Pip) - Designer
    Ryan Shannon (Ganzito) - Designer
    Robyn Vallee (Naylie) - Designer
    + Jason Mellott - Additional Design Support

Lucy McLaurin (niente) - Manager, Engineering (formerly Assitant Manager, Engineering)
    Mark Barnes - Engineer
    Katharine L. Cardona (klanderso) - Engineer
    Kristopher Cheesman - Engineer
    + Brad Heinz - Engineer
    Kaephas Kain - Engineer
    + Kathryn Norris - Engineer
    - Christopher Black (Dzarn) - Engineer
    + Christopher Black (Dzarn) - Additional Engineering -- laid off

Kevin Lydy - Manager, Art
    David Brown - Darkpaw Games Character Art Director
    + Austin Hillebrecht - Darkpaw Games Animator
    Tom Tobey - Darkpaw Games Animator