Option to turn off Faerune on head slot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kyong, Jan 30, 2022.

1. kyong Augur

There's probably a whole generation of players that have only know the drab, colorless, lifeless (reminds me of soviet union) lightsource that Faerune is on every single headslot for years and years.

Take off your helmet and put on your epic 2.0. Wow, that's nice.

Like a nice campfire light versus the medical hospital fluorescent tube lighting that faerune is.
    Windance, Rijacki, Silvena and 11 others like this.
  2. Laurana Augur

Interesting, there is quite a difference in the lighting, especially the color temperature. Maybe a toggle for light source would be nice where the player can choose from any slot that has an applicable light source (i.e. primary, range, helm, etc.).
    Silvena and Treage_Imminent like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Velious ice zones (TOV) looks a lot better without the helm equipt.
    Andarriel and Treage_Imminent like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is an excellent design request / quality of life concern.

They should move Faerune to the Special AA Tab with an on/off toggle (same function as Knight weapon discipline or aggro/melee proc). Faerune AA would be auto-granted or granted after right-click on a helmet. Faerune could be default on (for newbs).

Hope Ngreth or another dev sees this thread.
  5. Trevor Elder

Faerune is more than just ultravision
    modsiw and fransisco like this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Technically, yes. In reality (on live servers), no.
  7. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

Not sure if this is intended, but if you put your journeyman compass in a top slot, it gets rid of ultra vision. I do this to get that deeper rich color.
    Vumad and Treage_Imminent like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ultravision is also an innate ability for some races(Frogloks and Dark Elves I think). Those races would likely not see any difference at all.

See invis and water breathing(the other parts of faerune), are passive AA's everyone on live gets autogranted nowadays.
  9. bortage spammin lifetaps

what about a display option to disable ultravision?
    Elyssanda and minimind like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

I'm on board, delete the hat buff. A type3 ultravision aug or ammo slot item can help out night-blind characters that want to have it without a buff.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Man, I need ultravision. You gotta be careful not to step in that mysterious steaming pile of brown stuff in Freeport.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. kyong Augur

Wow...good find! I just abandoned a bag slot to do this....wish it worked in Ammo slot.

Interesting that epic 2.0 has no effect in top slot. Only equipped.

Hope a dev reads this, probably a huge percentage of people out there that will abandon a bag slot just to get rid of the fluorescent lighting of ultravision.
  13. Droctrebor Journeyman

Disabling Windowed Gamma in Options/Display/Advanced seems to darken things up quite a bit. Not sure how detrimental this is while out adventuring as I have always used the Windowed Gamma feature. It may become too dark...not sure.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

There was another thread many years ago along this line, and I agree. Players don't see the world as intended. We're seeing it through the eyes of faerune.
    Annastasya and Dre. like this.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

I miss naked corpse runs, ultra night blind, and looking at the book to med sometimes. Then I remember what it was like losing your body in the dark as a human.
  16. kyong Augur

Could faerune be turned into an aa just like form of protection form of etc...xyz and so on and so forth so whoever wants it can click it and I can leave it off. Really seems like it should be like non-vis clickable aa's.
  17. Shendare New Member

It sounds like it's only the visual side effect that can be a negative, so wouldn't the best method to address it be a way to toggle the Ultravision effect in options?

Let even Dark Elves see the world without the blue tint from time to time!
  18. Kratois007 New Member

Not sure if it has been mention you can fix the light effects by adding a light source to an empty bag slot. So dump a bag and add like the compass
  19. uberkingkong Augur

You know in coding industry. There is a thing called DRY. Do not repeat yourself.

If every headgear is getting that code faerune, why not just give it an AA autogrant at 70, get all the AAs of faerune. Why you gotta clutter gear with that, than put other stuff on it too.

Its the same stuff, need to think reduction of text, more simple.
    If every helm is gonna get it after 80, just make an AA and remove all that clutter text.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not sure why but removing my helm doesnt get rid of ultravision on my vah shir. Looked it up and they dont get ultravision as a race - they get infravision. Thats not the same is it?
    edit: compass trick doesnt work either