Suggestion: Tradeskill windows should show # of completed items in your inventory for a recipe

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

When selecting a recipe in a tradeskill window, it shows you how many of the necessary ingredients you currently have in your inventory. That's very helpful to let you know if you can attempt the item and how many attempts you can do. But one thing that's missing is the number of completed items you have. That is also helpful to know since you are often creating a certain number of components for other combines. It'd be helpful if the number of completed items could be shown within the tradeskill window. It could be something like this:

[IMG]

Or maybe a Qty column could be added to the Known Matching Recipes list.

What I do now is bring up the Find Item Window (on the bottom). It updates the quantity dynamically while the combines are going on. I keep an eye on that and stop the combines when I have enough. But it seems like it would be better to just have the tradeskill window show the total quantity.
  2. fransisco Augur

Indeed. A simple and low memory option would be to state how many items have been made in the current autocomplete cycle. No need to search all items every complete for the update (that gets server intensive). Just a ticker that lets you know how many successes have been made.
  3. Bernel Augur

It looks like you can put items in your hotbars and the count will auto-update as you do your combines:

[IMG]

You'll see the count of the finished items go as they are added to your inventory. That's pretty much what I'd want to have in the tradeskill window. If they could put that same kind of hotbar update in the tradeskill window, it'd be great.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You can also just have the bag that the item is in open, and see as more is added to it. I suppose if you are doing a non-stackable combine that might not help, but making a ton of non-stackable items is rare.
    Bernel likes this.