Persona/evolving item question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nican7, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Nican7 New Member

I have a level 125 Paladin with a level 115 Ranger persona.
    I intend to take the Ranger to raids. Which means I should get the Cloak of the Selenelion for the Ranger.

Do I need to delete the cloak on the Paladin in order to be able to loot it on the Ranger persona? Or is there some other way?
  2. Iuwene Augur

Until the powers to be share their wisdom how this problem can be solved, yes, deleting the cloak would be the only options, as all "instances" of the cloak share the same lore group. Same for the necklace from Laurions Song and some similar items.

Actually the solution would be simple. Just remove the lore group from those items.
    Then, as soon as your current cloak has evolved you could loot another basic cloak with another persona. But alas, at the moment it is not possible.

I wonder why it has to be lore even. It is not so that you can wear two cloak at the same time.
    Vumad and minimind like this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The only thing I can think of is to keep people from accidentally looting a second cloak (or whatever) when they already have one. Or maybe not so accidentally (just being a jerk in a group, seen it happen)!
    Szilent, Tuco and minimind like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Lore equipped takes care of that.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How? If you accidentally loot it a second time, you can still loot it, because it's not equipped.

If the reason for it is the one I guessed, then LORE EQUIPPED doesn't solve it, only LORE.
    Tuco likes this.
  6. Iuwene Augur

Lore equipped gives you a confirmation dialog if you are about loot another of the same item. So it cannot happen accidently.

Does not help with the jerk factor, though.
    Szilent, Vumad and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

I think its just a standardized method. For example just looking at my persona i'm leveling the snowbound armor is lore. Why is snowbound Cleric only gloves lore? No reason. It just is. Guessing if/when they make armor those tags are automatically applied.

They probably need to update how they itemize stuff for the future if they want to consider persona's use in them.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ah, OK, thanks for the clarification. Apparently, I've never looted anything twice that was lore-equipped :)

Or, now that I think about it, anything NO DROP. I know I have looted more than one of something lore-equipped, but they were tradable.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ain't nothing in this universe gonna help with that.
  10. Cimbaeth Elder

You don't need to loot a second one because you can use the same one on the persona and main. The save equipment feature also saves what augs are used. I've been successfully swapping back and forth with different augs in the same piece of gear all week. Also, once you level a "persona" up to 125, it becomes less some "other character" and more just "swapping class/race." I do love the transformation process though. Pop! I'm a bard! Poof! I'm a cleric! Pop! Back to wizard!
    Rondor likes this.
  11. Iuwene Augur

This has nothing to do with augment swapping. The cloak is an evolving item that gains xp of its own and levels.

The basic version is ALL/ALL, but when it levels it branches to archetype versions of the cloak. So a wizzard will NOT be able to use a fully evolved cleric cloak. It is simply a different items with the same lore group.

Shaman, Cleric and Druid could share a cloak.
    Ranger and Beastlord could share a cloak.
    Warrior, Paladin, Shadowknight, Bard could share a cloak.
    Casters could share a cloak.

But no sharing between these groups.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  12. FYAD Augur

It would be nice if evolving items had the convertible button that would swap between each version similar to how you can convert weapon augments to get the type of proc that you want.
    Yinla, Cimbaeth and Vumad like this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

When my main is maxed out, i'd love to persona and continuing leveling my evolvers. Being able to level my evolver on a persona is much more valuable to me than being able to have a second evolver for the persona.

The best solution is to remove class from it all together.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

Naw your blocked out due to archetype on higher levels. They either need to drop lore groups because lore groups are terrible anyway and make it so you can have multiples of each different type to level or allow us to change them similar to augment convert system.
  15. Tuco Augur

If they don't enable sharing and co-leveling of chase evolving items with personas, it'll be another reason not to level a persona.
  16. Patito New Member

Adding that I would also love to have a solution to use evolving items across personas that don't share the same type. The TBL boots and ring for instance don't share the same classes, so my rogue persona can wear my ranger's boots, but can't wear the ring. Removing the Lore tag seems like the best option here. I'm thinking removing "LORE" but keeping "LORE EQUIPPED" should work, that way you still get the confirmation box when attempting to loot a second one, but wouldn't be able to wear two versions of the ring since they're still in a Lore Group.
    Kaenneth and Xyroff-cazic. like this.