Time to Request Time Off for TLP...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Installing Updates, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

I'd sure like an announcement as to whether the TLP 25th Anniversary Server is going to be March 16, 2024 (25th Anniversary) or some time in May (which most people seem to expect).

We all need advance notice to get time off. Where I work, I have to put the request in 60 days ahead of time. March 16, 2024 + 60 Days = Tomorrow.

Don't care what the TLP Rules are... just would like to know when to expect it to drop.
    Dre., Tyranthraxus and poppoppop like this.
  2. poppoppop New Member

If it doesn’t launch in March it’s a travesty. 25 year old game should be having a MASSIVE celebration and hype. Something feels off.
    Joules_Bianchi and Dre. like this.
  3. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'd definitely prefer march!
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

In January they will generally put out a roadmap that indicates the month that the TLP will take place. Hopefully they put the roadmap out soon.

Last years here for example; https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-2023-roadmap

Once we know the month, there will then be further wait on the actual dates. They provide those about a month before TLP release. Last year they gave us the details in the April dev letter for the May release.
    Defenestrated Vase likes this.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

The timing doesn't apply to me, but the OP's request isn't unreasonable.
  6. Aiona Augur

Just wanted to quote the above to emphasize that, many of us would like to schedule time off in advance and we don't care if other server details are, or are not, include in the initial announcement date.

Edit: yes, yes you are going to get people asking for even more details... but you're going to get that anyway! :p
  7. Kahna Augur

OP is going to have a sad sad day tomorrow because I'd bet money DPG isn't coming back into the office till Tuesday.
  8. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

LOL for realz!
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You won't hear anything in advance.

Maybe if you get some MMO sites to write about non communication despite requests every year, you might get an immediate response! It worked for the depot bug, so might work here!
  10. poppoppop New Member

The server will 100% be in March the more I think about it. That would be a pretty huge opportunity to disregard..
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

March would be so much better then the trashy memorial day launch.

Selos/Mangler was the only non May launch in recent history (going back to ragefire 2015) and it was for the 20th anniversary as a March release.

Reason would stand that 25th anniversary servers would also warrant a march release. However, new leadership hasn't exactly steered this franchise in the right direction lately. Don't hold your breath.
    Dre. likes this.
  12. Aiona Augur

4 months of classic? Ewww :p
  13. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Chances are they haven't even discussed it yet.
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Considering its 1/16 and we still don't have the 2024 roadmap...I am guessing everything is under discussion.

In 2023 it was released on 1/11.

We should have the roadmap this week. Producer letters are typically mid-month
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would imagine most has been decided, it only takes 1 point to hold things up though.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  16. Shalom Quillmane Bane

The March 16, 2024 date is nothing but rumor. Traditionally TLPs are released in May so I would count on that. And I am sure they will release a development roadmap for 2024 soon that will show plans for what month the TLP will be released. That's usually in January / February and that would still give you a month head start to ask for time off.

EDIT: Oh I missed the part where you need 60 days notice for time off. That totally sucks. Could you request the time off for March and cancel it if the TLP is in May?
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Edit: Incorrect info, thanks Jeskola!
    jeskola likes this.
  19. jeskola pheerie

You are looking at the wrong roadmap, that's EQII. Around here we call them TLP.
    OldTimeEQ1, Barton-Vox and Yinla like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty happy with a May launch.

Now to wait impatiently for the ruleset :)