Any ideas on new TLP this year?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by psybob, Jan 10, 2024.

1. psybob Journeyman

Ive taken a break for a couple years, curious to what people think or have heard what the new TLP servers will be this march?
  2. Critt Augur

Would be awesome if they would at least give us a teaser…..
  3. Xeris Augur

They have absolutely 0 marketing, we barely know about the rulesets maybe 1-2 months before the actual release, and that's usually around May of each year. So earliest we hear any info would likely be mid/late March??
    OldTimeEQ1 and uberkingkong like this.
  4. poppoppop New Member

25th anniversary is march 16th. 20th anniversary was Selos and it launched in March. Logically 25th should launch in March as well. Would make sense since I’m sure Oaklwynd isn’t pulling nearly the numbers the parent company expects.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Not sure why people expect 25th to get moved up two months from May to March just because 20th had that. I would still expect initial announcement January roadmap, ruleset April, server(s) May.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

March used to be standard launch time for TLPs. But since then the standard launch time has been pushed back to May.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

The frequent bonus events, which happen like clockwork, are still not in the in-game calendar.

I suppose it's their version of "Surprise!" heh. It is as surprising as one's birthday I suppose, knowing the exact date it falls on every year..
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Based on recent history it will be over hyped and under supported whatever it is, not sure why people are expecting anything different, something about repeating the same action expecting different results.
    Shalom likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2024 road map is due anytime now. I would expect it to tell us when the next TLP(s) will drop.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

11. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Mangler didn't get moved up. EverQuest's anniversary is March 16.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Mangler was released in March to coincide with the 20th Anniversary whereas Agnarr and Ragefire before it and all the servers after it were released in May... They moved mangler's release date up two months from the normal schedule.
  13. Aiona Augur

Fixed that for ya.
  14. sadre Augur

This is a year for change. Launch at PoP. Set it and forget it till 2025, see what happens.
    Popeil Server. Set it and forget it.
    natedogg likes this.
  15. Rothj Augur

good strategy to kill the game for good
  16. natedogg Journeyman

I could see a PoP launch being locked for 6-9 months.

However, if they launch at PoP, it would make sense to release all the lev 65 content in one go so players can take advantage of it (i.e. LDON, LOY, etc).

What was that TLP they did a couple years ago that opened with a lot of content, but they level locked the characters? I played on that for a hot minute, but then real life got in the way. I kind of liked it. Was that idea very popular?
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Vaniki!

It was fun, but didn't get a lot of the support that was needed from Daybreak. With items not usable, quest and raids not active, cures not available at the level they were locked at. They have just had issues with the last expansion which unlocked, so it has ongoing problems more or less every time it unlocks as expansion.
  18. coltongrundy Augur

I'm scared that it's just going to be oakwynd 2.0 but with Max level personas giving exp bonus instead of alts
  19. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Unfortunately this is true, Vicious will be duping plat and ruining the server by Kunark. But at least he can buy a new outdoor hutch for his family pet rabbit with WiFi and a heater for winter....