Only T1 raids for new expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Fian Augur

If you are going to have less than 9 raids per expansion, can you at least keep 3 each for T1 and T2? Having only 2 raids for T1 doesn't give raid guilds much to do.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Let's hope it really was a one time lack of time, and next year it goes back to 9 raids + 4 missions...
  3. Marton Augur

I'm ok with 9 raids next year but I would like to see more missions.
    Nadisia and fransisco like this.
  4. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Open source new missions, zones, and raids to programmers. I bet we would get some AMAZING content at the cost of $0 plus the interface cost to prevent risk of exploitation.
  5. Allayna Augur

I'll be in the minority. I'd rather them take a year off from new content and instead invest that two year time period into revamping the entirety of Norrath. Zones, encounters and loot that scale based on the level and number of players.

What am I talking about?

I'm talking about 20+ years of content that goes vastly untouched (with the exception of the latest and greatest TLP). I'm talking about....last years content is obsolete with a level cap increase and everything is light blue.

I'm talking about the beautifully designed and coded zones that sit empty so that everyone can fight over one zone....or three picks of that one zone for that one camp.

Forget the gimmicks, the personas, the depots, advertise as the single biggest content release in EQ history.

Old missions, raids, zones that scale to your level and number in your party/raid. Do a raid with 36? 24? Scale the loot drops based on the number.

Anyways, that's my 2025 pipedream.
    Dre., Vumad, Nadisia and 5 others like this.
  6. Bilderov Augur

Agree with this. It seems strange that we have 24 years worth of content that is 95% empty and everyone having to squeeze into the latest expansion and then complaining there isn't enough to do.

It would make sense to somehow reinvest time into some of the older zones - introduce new mobs, new questlines, new missions etc. Breath some new life into the older zones. There's plenty that are empty almost 100% of the time nowadays.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're not the only one who would like this. I would GLADLY continue to pay my yearly EQ subscription for them to actually fix the game and update it.

Twenty five years worth of content to play around with and they choose cash grab gimmicks like personas to waste time on.
    Fenthen, Dre. and Metanis like this.
  8. Windance Augur

Been there, done that, proved not to work in the long run.

Do you remember what ended up happening?

People are good at "optimizing" and found the most efficient way to level and that become "the way" for years. EQ devs came in and nerfed it, several times. Raids like hate and fear scaled up past their original power level yet dropping the same old gear. Even when in era they ended up being over tuned ...

Could the EQ devs "get it right" this time?

Maybe?

I'm not a betting man, but I'd take the short bet on not.
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nope. Haven't "been there, done that".

The proposal was to take some time off from new expacs to make some of these changes, and think them through and implement them right. What you're referring to are just more half-baked ideas they rushed out the door, without taking the time to get them right.

This game is FULL of content and features which were only half thought through or implemented, or abandoned after the fact so that they no longer are useful at current levels. It would be fun to see some of these things fleshed out and implemented correctly.

Now, the question is, we know they know how to do new expacs for current max level. Whether they are capable of generating features and content which truly scale well is a question that is still unanswered. That's why this proposal is a big risk.
    fransisco, Velisaris_MS and Allayna like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Are you suggesting they should add L125 content to commonlands, or just new L10 content?
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

I was suggesting they scale it all, several other games the loot that drops is based on your level, not the zones level. The mobs you encounter are based on your level, not the "zone" level. It was just a suggestion to actually revamp the game, instead of revamped zones every expansion, just to be obsolete in 1 year.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  12. Windance Augur

We don't need scaling. There is already a lack of new content.

Want to revisit the old expansions? Spin up in alt or AP and have at it.

Unlike TLP folks, I'd rather not play in the same old zones over and over and over. Its part of why I hate expansions that rehash the same zones like Tower of Frozen Shadows, over and over.
    fransisco likes this.
  13. Windance Augur

So I can stay in my starting newbie zone and never leave ?
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Throw in Overseer and that would be a misanthrope's dream.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats mainly because eq has way too many zones. They should do some event that gets rid of alot of them. The only good thing with empty zones is when your doing hunters.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Absolutely not. If you don't want to go to those zones, don't go.

And, yeah, let's have devs spend time DELETING CONTENT.
    fransisco and Allayna like this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I usually go to old zones to either kill rares or forage.
  18. Bilderov Augur

I was thinking they add L125 content to some of the zones - have a bunch of 120+ orcs take over Crushbone for a few weeks - have a bunch of 120+ undead take up residence in Mistmoore etc.

Have it change often but keep it long enough to get people heading into those zones - let us travel beyond the 10% of the world we currently exist in.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

See my post above about "a long list of features half-implemented, half-though out, or abandoned".

They already do this, sort of, in the summer, with a few zones. They call it "hard-core heritage" or something like that. When I say they "do" this, I should say "did", because they implemented a few zones quite some time ago, and then nothing since.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

A new expansion isn't anywhere close to 10%.

Original EQ + Kunark tops 100 zones. 10 new zones an expansion would barely be 10% of the original release and the first expansion.

It's a pipe dream, nothing the DEVs are actually gonna consider because it would be a massive undertaking to revamp all of Norrath encounters, all loot tables, all experience/quests/raids.

I just get tired of seeing all the bickering about lack of content, when there are probably 1000 zones and people have never experienced them, "in era".
    Tatanka, Jack and Nennius like this.