Does anyone think LS is hard?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 27, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Those all T2 right?

LS T1 one thing they do well, no doubt, nameds aren't crazy with the stuff they do.
    I like the simple T1 nameds, thats how it should be, maybe 1 a bit crazy named but majority should be simple, its T1.

T1 is casuals, what are you doing T1, you aint no casual.

If the T2 nameds are like that too, be specific, they don't need to make T1 nameds any harder, they already hard.
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I dont think NoS is hard, as someone in largely group gear (My tank is in full LS t3 with a couple memoryforged bits I found, and has ~630k hp buffed. My dps is in LS t2 gear with Luclin era chase items, outside a couple non-vis LS t3).

Some camps, though, are just so annoying it makes them feel awful. Tonnar in Pal'Lomen is my last mob for hunter, and that camp is basically "pull, get 3 things, get 6 things aggrod on you from Charka's camp, get a random beast or two wandering in, pull, get 3 things, one paths into the rest of the camp and pulls 8, your bard probably died somewhere in there, repeat". I'm not sure if maximum possible uptime on glyphs across the entire group is supposed to be how you do that camp, but its how I have to do that camp (which is fine logistically because you make the aa's back before the glyph is back up, but that cant be how its designed).

Pal'Lomen as a whole seems to have godawful pathing and some weirdly designed named spawn areas. Also thumbs down to the HP on some of the t2 nameds (see Charka above).
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I rather enjoy Pal'Lomen for the reasons you describe as "godawful" and "weirdly designed".

1 mob left on Hunter's 5 weeks into a yearlong expansion sounds like success to me.
  4. Nightops Augur

And yeah, look, I along with lots of board users cut down posts they are replying to. We don't change the words or the post, but cut out what is not needed. Or if the post is random and long, I will cut it out completely, if anyone wants to read it again, they can click the little arrow to take them to the original.
    --------------------

Look, you need serious help in this game.
    I'm not going to try to search posts because I can tell English isn't your first language. But you should put your specifics down again. Don't add in your opinion cause nobody can follow it from one line to the next line.

----What class are you playing, put down your level, AA, base hps unbuffed.

----Do you know about auto-grant AAs?

**It sounds like you play a cleric with a war merc and do not box? As for stunning named mobs; this never used to work, unless this has been changed in the past 10 years? Someone can add in more info on that. I honestly don't try it and don't play a cleric to know for sure. If you are playing a clr, I hope you at least put your mark spells on the named to help cut down your 20minute fight times.

----Do you have merc gear? Cause that's like 1000ac and 60k hps for your merc along with +1400 to all heroics and the benefits that come along with them. I'm sure all servers have plenty now in the bazaar and not listed for high prices (I can buy all 4 on my server now for under 40k total; casuals have that kind of plat too).

----What was the last expansion you have gear from? At 275k hps, (I dont know if that's buffed or unbuffed), some of your armor has to be like 5 or 6 expansions old. Make sure no items currently equipped have a yellow background shade if you are not at the proper level. Anything with a yellow background color is not counting for your totals.

----Why are you too proud and not want to go back and get some heroic AAs? I've had to do it in the past, I've had to do it for multiple characters, I've helped lots and lots of people get old heroic AAs over the years. If you want to complain the stuff is too hard while you have 6 of 98 heroic AAs, then there is a place for you to start. Even if you manage to get half, even as a cleric??, you will benefit from the stat cap increases from heroic resolution.

Anyway, you are doing something really wrong with your character to have soo much trouble and to claim a whole section of players are experiencing the same thing. Try joining a causal guild on your server. It doesn't mean they have to have someone for you to group with every time you play, every server has them.

I hope you at least listen to the suggestions of others when giving you advice about whatever character you play. And I really hope you have not been kicked out of or dropped out of casual guilds for whatever reasons.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

Maybe he has f2p characters? How many hp/mana those have?

With non-prestige gear and no augs that's not going to be much fun playing tbh.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Should be able to get quite a bit more than that, even F2P.

I have some unplayed 120s, just for buffing, etc. All F2P. Occasionally will throw extra gear to them, just so they're not completely naked. They have ~200K HP, and that's with over half the slots empty, or with gear that's less than 2K HP. No augs, no heroics, just auto-grant AAs up through TBL.

If you use something like EQResource to search for gear, filtering for Prestige or not, you can find decent gear for all your slots, no problem. You just have to work harder for them, most of the time, since there are fewer choices. You have to go looking for specific items, instead of just using whatever the named mobs throw your way.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Nightops Augur

I was thinking the same thing, but assumed if he bought the LI expansion, he wouldn't be f2p. But again, if he is f2p and on here complaining about how hard LI is... that would explain a lot.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

You enjoy pulling a mob and, instead of it pathing in a straight line, it runs backwards, then follows a semi-circle, gets stuck on a tent / tree branch, aggros a bunch of things that werent in any real proximity to where you pulled it from, and then warps directly into your camp?

Thats just a weird thing to enjoy.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yep. I'm okay with that.
  10. Cicelee Augur

It is a problem when the game offers zero challenge. When Joe Schmo, wearing gear from four years ago can AFK tank current expansion T2 named, you don't see how that is a problem? Because most are not Joe Schmo wearing gear from 4 years ago.

There is a lot of players who enjoy some difficulty and challenge in their games. No, not everyone is asking for Mearatas or Plane of War. But we also want to have some element of suspense and challenge.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, we don't...we don't want the "suspense" or "challenge" of farming a mission for weeks and weeks hoping like hell the RNG finally smiles on us and drops a damn necklace. Just give it out through a quest or put it on the vendor and let us buy it for currency.

Not everything in this game needs to be hard or time consuming.
    Vumad likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not that I disagree, but so far the necklace is the only thing that is...
  13. Marton Augur

Suspense? hahaha. People always gravitate towards the easiest content. Easy zones, easy camps, easy nameds. It never fails.Why are easy zones full of people and zones like Skyfire (RoS) with its flying drakes abandoned pretty much when released. Yeah, sure, people crave suspense ...

Regarding the necklace, it should have been a reward for a quest or should have been on vendor. Let's hope daybreak will learn from this.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Do people gravitate towards the easiest zones, or the ones with fewer bugs? I would hunt in a hard zone, assuming it had less bugs than the easier zones.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I really miss HAs, I miss the not knowing when you start which way the mission is going to go. The copies of the raid missions lately have been over far to fast with not enough to kill. I dislike zoning in killing a handful of mobs and it is over.

Give me 4 missions which take 30 minutes each with a 2 hour cooldown. Or 8 30 minute missions with a 4 hour cooldown on each.

Give us something like DoN or CotF with a good choice of missions where lockouts don't matter as there are lots of other missions to do. Even LDON only had a 45 minute lockout, but from what I remember you could do other themes.
    Marton and KushallaFV like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

The problem is there's no reason to utilize harder zones, beyond doing the progression and hunter achievements. Once you're done with them, why would anyone choose to use them when you can use an "easier" zone to get what you need?
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Personally, I'm finding LS absolutely impossible.

Of course, that's probably because I didn't buy it ;)
  18. Tappin Augur

You wouldn't if you're molo, but if you have a full group the only reason not to is bugs. Non of the content is really that hard, but a lot of hard zones are filled with pathing issues or just overly buggy. Nobody really wants to hunt in zones with warping (pathing) mobs.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I agree with missing HA’s. It was a great concept to have scaling content that extends its lifespan. Imagine, Laurions Inn with HAs attached to each door. It’s a shame they abandoned that feature.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

I suspect that they no longer do HAs because they just don't know how to properly implement scaling content any longer. Look at how badly they screwed up CoTF and TBM heroic adventures when they tried to scale them past their intended max level. All these years later and they STILL haven't fixed all the problems it caused.