How to unlink Lost and Found?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sappas, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Sappas Journeyman

How do you unlink the Lost and Found rings?

While trying to figure out how to link the rings I ended up linked to a toon I didn't want to be linked to. How do I unlink from that toon so I can link to the correct toon? Does it just auto unlink after awhile?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can just do the link again with the character that you want to link with.
    Gialana likes this.
  3. Sappas Journeyman

How do I do that though?

When I target the toon I want to link to and click the ring it starts to port me to the other one I linked too earlier. If I have the toon I want to link to click theirs first it works on their end but tells them I need to now click my ring. However, when I then click my ring it again tries to port me to the other toon that I linked too earlier.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My understanding is it is the exact same process for each time though you might need to be in a different zone then the one you are currently linked to. When you try this do you have the toon you want to link to targeted?
  5. Kuursed New Member

Maybe move the odd-man-out to another zone. That way it shouldn't try to port you when try to re-link with new toon.
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Sappas Journeyman

NM. It worked once the toon I was linked to logged out.

Btw, I did try logging out my toon first but that didn't fix it. The other toon had to be off the server to reset it I guess.
  7. Allayna Augur

Can't be in the same zone as the linked if you are trying to re-link or you'll port. Whether that is logging or zoning them out.
  8. Sappas Journeyman

Btw, thanks for the replies. You too Kuursed.
  9. Sappas Journeyman

Yep. What threw me was that when the other toon logged off my ring was still trying to port me to them since they logged out in the same zone. It wasn't until they switched to a completely different toon that it let me break the link and relink. So, I'm guessing while they were on character select they still registered as being at that spot in game... at least for awhile. I'm sure eventually it would have forgotten them.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You remind me of something I learned when I started EQ (2000). People noted that if you wanted an XP rez, you had 3 hours before your corpse would no longer allow it. That was 3 hours of online time, so you could solve the issue of not finding a rez by logging out until you lined one up. Some people logged out to char select, and left it there. Turns out, that counted as "online" for that char, and they lost getting an XP rez because of it!