In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skecpa, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Kovachs Lorekeeper

I'm not technologically savvy enough to screen capture / record... This bug is very random, however, I've noticed when pulling mobs or attacking stationary mobs, it happens most often on slanted geometry (but it does also happen just about anywhere). Character race, size, levitate, or mount don't seem to affect anything as it appears to be a mob problem. Almost like their hit box has fallen under the world.

This bug is still happening at random intervals. I noticed in the test patch notes there was no mention of it. Is there a tentative fix? Is there anymore information we could gather to assist in figuring out the problem? This bug began the day Laurion's Song went live.
  2. rahzel44 Journeyman

Honestly not sure how more info could be needed. I encounter this every time I exp somewhere with a slanted surface in the area I'm fighting in or pulling across. Play your own game for an hour and you'll experience what we're all clearly experiencing.
    Scila, Xyza, Zingo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I've had multiples of the little baby spiders in Ankexfen be unhittable on the path with the upward slope. Had to spend 27 years killing it with a shaman pet.

The lorekeeper area also has the mobs warp across the zone when they can't figure out how to path up or down the pyramid.
  4. kain200 Augur

I've been having this happen quite a bit as well but only in older zones. (I don't own LS) One really bad place is in "the buried sea" on jardel's hook island. The mobs sometime become unhittable when I pull them. It seems like it happens more often when they stop to fight on some small hill or some other piece of geometry that isn't level. Another issue on jardel's hook is that my tank merc will frequently disappear while running back and forth killing mobs. Its as if the merc "falls through" the map and gets stuck. Possibly related? I have to camp out and come back to get the merc to reappear. I've also had the merc issue in "Arcstone", especially when crossing the bridge over to the whirlwind elemental things. Not sure what's going on.
  5. Allayna Augur

Easier said than done I'm sure, but maybe it is high time we change "line of sight" to center mass instead of the target's tootsies.
    Fanra, Angahran and Jack like this.
  6. Allayna Augur

/loc 1393.41, -211.16, -42.61
    Firefall Pass

Mob: a fissure fiend
  7. rahzel44 Journeyman

Happens quite often pulling the dwarves and gnomes around the pond in Brell's Rest near the Underquarry zoneline. If you pull a mob into the water, I'd say 10% of the time they go under the world when coming out of the water. What's funny is it doesn't even happen uniformly to everyone. Some party members can see and hit the mobs fine while others cannot.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

This also started happening in Lower Guk sometime in the last year, but I'm able to repeat it almost 100% of the time. Something changed recently. If you can get a mob to move up the Z axis and back down, it seems to 'land' ok.
    rahzel44 likes this.
  9. Covennx Augur

Timorous Falls near Lunatic camp. Iksar SK Tank. Gnome Rogue, DE Mage, Wood Elf Bst, Wood elf bard. Pets can hit it, it can hit the tank, melee and cast spells can not hit the scout. It is on a little bit of a hill, but no "seams" or ledge or anything. All toons were shrunk, not leved, not mounted, but it happens without being shrunk also. Loc 586.50, -2715.92, -33.33. In the screen cap also.

[IMG]
  10. Axxius Augur

Got one just now:

Thunderkiks likes this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Category: Pathing [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sat Jan 20 18:54:45 2024

Character: Level 125 Wizard (Main)
    Zone: The Hero's Forge 8

Target NPC: a forged frog
    Target Location: -181.00, -558.13, 3.25, 433.25

Description: no line of sight
  12. Covennx Augur

Timorous Falls 454.71, -2570.43, -32.76
    [IMG]
    Silvena likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Category: NPC
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 24 15:52:39 2024

Character: Level 125 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: Ankexfen Keep

Target NPC: a gorge scavenger
    Target Location: 2787.63, 646.38, -232.64, 215.50

Description: a gorge scavenger non hittable or able to taunt at this location luckily mage pets are op and killed it.
  14. Scila Augur

It's like an old squared off zone (think Karana, etc.) was used as the starting point for the design and somewhere along the line of smoother graphic designs things went sideways. The original zones are very square and choppy when you run thru them today and you can see where the designs started and stopped. As things got better over the years, things were cleaner and smoother. There is a picture somewhere that shows the squares very clearly in Moors (thanks graphics glitch).
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I caught some good video of this last night on an add in the pit fight raid that had the issue. I will post it tonight
  16. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Here is a video of this occurring on the Pit Fight raid, near where the boss Kyklim Bonebinder spawns.

A blacksoul defender was agroed by a different tank and it was pulled away, then pulled back to the spot, upon arrival it became unhittable by spells or melee. The tank was told to move the mob and it immediately became hittable when it moved.

Sorry for the gina text overlay in the way.

17. Domniatric Augur

This happens very frequently in Underfoot on Mischief. And, in talking to other players I am not alone.

I've seen it happen across many different player races, enemy types and zones. I don't think that the problem is specific to any of those things.

Pets will always continue attacking and sometimes it seems spells work and melee does not.

The only thing I have noticed is that it seems to occur most frequently when the mob is standing on ground that is significantly sloped. And, I don't recall it ever happening on flat ground.
  18. Axxius Augur

Category: Pathing [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sat Jan 27 12:27:39 2024

Character: Level 125 Wizard (Main)
    Zone: Timorous Falls

Target NPC: a millworker
    Target Location: -1714.75, -269.00, -71.27, 37.25

Description: no line of sight
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

[IMG]

/loc -728, -1096, -189 in Moors of Nokk
  20. MiataDriver Augur

It's not just LS zones, been having the same problem ever since this amazing DX11 update in shar vahl as well.