Soloing as a Paladin & Running Mobs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Shlack, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Shlack New Member

Solo leveling as a Paladin is a very long and painful experience. One bit of feedback I could give when it comes to Paladin soloing is when mobs run, perhaps we get some sort of damage bonus. It's extremely frustrating to have mobs run, especially those that sprint, at a certain health point because our damage is slow and our stuns (at low levels) are short. When you're leveling in a tight zone (which is the best way to level), you can literally get into a chain of pulls that can last 30 minutes, or until you're dead (oom and LoH on CD). Perhaps there can be a low-level AA that allows Paladins a damage boost or a slowing effect for these situations. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to die this way several times in a play session simply because I cannot kill the mob before it sprints around the corner (thus LoS) and pulls a mob that will then sprint around the corner (thus LoS) and pull a mob etc etc etc.
  2. Szilent Augur

Root is level 19
    maxisbored and Dre. like this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

I'm not sure what level you are but you can always farm anklesmasher in Chardok if you are over level 49.

Otherwise, as Szilent said, root is your friend
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Being a pally always fight undead if you can with slay undead aa's i think its called been longtime since i played my pally (2000 lol) and a weapon that procs good vs undead is a bonus. I had ghoulbane but that was low level sure there's better. Yea get something with snare hate mobs that run at low health too anklesmasher like lubianx said.
  5. Allayna Augur

Undead don't run.
  6. Roxas MM Augur

also, pull the next mob just before the first 1 runs, then it wont run. park the other a bit away if you have to even.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Root, or make a box druid/ranger. You don't need a paid account to snare something.
  8. Lubianx Augur

Some do but rare.

Whilst not at the appropriate level of the above, Murkglider undead in WOS do run
  9. KarmaKitty Augur

Doesn't rooting the runner negate finishing blow :eek:
  10. Brickhaus Augur

Finishing blow just has the text ... 90% chance to do x damage to level y and under when mob is 10.5% or lower health.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This. Mobs only run if they're the only mob fighting you.
    Ozon, KarmaKitty and Allayna like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

Again mostly true, I know guk mobs that run when there's a full ETW. As far as undead, it was my suggestion because this was a paladin solo thread, your best bang for buck is in undead if solo and for 99% of EQ undead, will negate the running away when low health.
    Szilent likes this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Mobs have to be inter-social to be brave.