Oakwynd groups

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rolien, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Rolien Elder

I stopped playing due to Real life issues back around June. Back then you were able to find groups pretty easy as a solo player.

Asked if it's worth returning on new player area and got no response so I'm curious. Is it worth coming back if you don't box what so ever?
  2. Slaps Journeyman

You should be easily able to find a group as PoP just launched a week ago and people are rushing to 65 and working AA's.
    However you may be lacking on Flags in order to exp in certain zones though.
  3. Rolien Elder

That answers it def for PoP but back in June Kunark had yet to come out yet (I mean no offense) so what about lower levels say 20-60 range? I know on live with defiant gear you could solo easy mode but well would be different here.
  4. Muramx Augur

Sub 40 you won't find much. I do still see some people LFG or LFM for like lower guk. And I have seen people LFG or LFM in the late 40's in GE. I play off hours so if I am seeing them at 3am then normal hours should be good. So there are still people doing it, you would probably have to go to the zones and seek them out though. Post 55 you should find groups just fine. I barely put LFG up and get an invite.
  5. Rolien Elder

Alright thanks for the info. Most classes can solo to 40 unless it's a rogue or warrior. So thanks for info.
  6. uk6999 Augur

Number of reasons it can be hard to find a lower level group. Some of the server's fault others are just the way TLPs go.

There are quite a few that just pay krono for PL services and dont bother leveling the old way. Saves a ton of time and PuGs even in a 20+ year old game are still generally bad.

The Plat dupe made even the most basic of alt gear expensive enough where you pretty much have to buy krono and sell it to equip yourself with so so gear coming back to server.

Heirloom sort of helps in that regards but it in no way replaces free trade. Since with free trade you could aquire much better gear cheaper. There are professional box teams that sell loot rights but good luck with that. They typically want to sell way overpriced.

Any classic start TLP server is going to be top heavy once it is out of kunark.

Fewer people stop returning after the server is past Luclin.

There are fewer racing guilds and raiding guilds in general on this server. Dupe had a lot to do with that.

They need a server that has the Oakwynd bonuses plus free trade and/or random loot. Basically take Mischief and Oakwynd and combine although that would destroy both servers so that isnt likely to happen.

TLDR If your goal is to raid with a guild this server still has some life. If not I would just wait until next TLP
  7. Rolien Elder

Ehh... I didn't know that a plat dupe or anything happened to where it caused insane inflation. I was thinking I might be able to come back and potentially buy some meh gear to help with the leveling process but if you have to even buy a krono to get that it's kinda eh. Thanks for the info