High Five to the Dev Team!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 10, 2024.

1. fransisco Augur

Holy cow, pet inventory is on test?!!!

I'm not even playing my mage right now and I'm still exstatic about the idea. Thank you soo much for doing this!
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Read again, it is not a pet inventory, just an interface. Still a good addition but a pet inventory tab would be so much better.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But it allows for players to see what a pet has equipped and replace those items without having to summon a new pet and that is a major improvement.
  4. fransisco Augur

It is, just not graphical. You can see all the items equiped, and tell the pet to destory them.
    It functions without changing any major pet themes - gear given to pets is gone. You cannot get it back. A graphical inventory window would be expected to let people move gear around.

Also a nice thing, since you can destroy the pants the pet comes with, its easier to get the pant focus on your pet with old dimensional or other gear.
    Sancus and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

It is a text interface. While it is an improvement, the problem can be that the player cannot inspect the items for their stats to compare them. Would be nice if the item links could be added to the /pet inventory check chat echo.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Tell us you havent logged on test server without telling us you havent logged on test server.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

I'm just happy we're getting the information so I can finally start my pet "reduction" arguments.

(cause pets are ridunkulous these days)
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Controllable pet, not swarms. We aren't getting any new information, the pet gear can already be inspected and is on player sites, pets are going to be parsed the same way.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you run the command you will find that the return includes clickable item links allowing you to see the item that is equipped along with all of the stats for that item.
    jeskola, Sancus, fransisco and 3 others like this.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Very exstatic too.
    This is good.
    If they want high ten, bind items spell/AA.
    Bind Item spell have to have a pet targeted it looks at all its gear and binds it.

Another spell/AA
    Unity items
    Unity items spell/AA must have a pet targeted it uses the memory of bind items and when casted on pet it gives the pet all the items that was binded.

So no more, 4 spells to cast, click click click click..
    One and done, no clicks.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

I cannot get access to the test server. Did a /testcopy for my magician, then started the patcher, validated data, selected the test server. Did the last few steps twice. Even deactivated my firewall, which I usually don't have to do, to get onto the test server.

Error - A timeout occured
  12. Iven the Lunatic

I am not able to login to the test server now. Maybe it was down yesterday when I tried.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here my feedback for /pet inventory and the update so far:

• /pet inventory check does not show the slot numbers. Those should be added before the slot names.
      i.E. 1 - Left Ear ; 2 - Head. or 1. Left Ear ; 2. Head.
    • After destroying the weapons (Primary, Secondary) they do still show up visually which is a glitch. After zoning they do no longer show up, which is correct.
    • Left Wrist and Right Wrist is still as quirky as before the update. After destroying both items, it is not possible to give the pet two wrist items. The pet does get summoned (at lvl 115) with two wrist items. Only one can be overwritten with a jewelry one.
    • The new feature is quite clunky just like in 1999. Hopefully you can embed it into an UI window after the UI got fixed. It is good that you added item links to the chat echo at least.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    • The gamma channel setting removal is not good. Everything is much darker than before and there is no option to increase the brightness (gamma).
    • Fullscreen mode: When pressing the window button on the keyboard and then clicking on "show desktop", it is not easily possible to enter the EQ client again. Clicking on EQ in the taskbar does only let the whole screen blink for a 1/20 sec. I had to open the task mananger to bring the EQ window to the front again.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Pets sometimes not visually displaying their given equipment until zoning is not a new situation. This has been the case for a long time and is completely unrelated to the improvement. Often times I notice that when my pet is holding a weapon in the primary hand and I give it another one, it will then appear that it holds no weapons, or in some cases only the new weapon in primary. Zoning fixes it. But I know from them proccing them, it is wielding them. With this new improvement, there is never any doubt of what your pet is equipping.

Fun fact, on TLP's opposing guilds or players would sometimes give "undesirable" weapons to other players pets. Things like dot or ae procs so they couldn't use mezzes, self dispel proc weapons to charm pets, stun weapons on charm pets (so when the charm broke it would be harder to re-charm it) fire/ice procs to raiders likely headed to raids where fire or ice damage is a failed raid mechanic...Generally speaking people that charm only give their charmed pet 1 weapon as a charmed pet with 1 weapon can quad, but if you give it two weapons it will quad when uncharmed, or even just giving a pet that we see holding something really nice a lower delay "garbage" weapon so the pet will no longer have the nice proc that the pet owner gave to the pet. While a pet really can't do anything to prevent an opposing player giving them an undesirable weapon, (other than necros being able to feign their pets when not in combat so no one would be able to give their pets weapons) at least they can tell if someone gave their pet an undesirable weapon and destroy it without having to resummon the pet.

Regarding the 1999 giving items to pets comment... What you are asking about, is in no way related to this change. What you are asking for is fundamentally nothing more than an improvement to the trading interface that would be exclusive to pets. Forgive me everyone for channeling my inner Waring, but there is little point in that. /usetarget is the improvement we needed.

I sympathize with your opinion on the gamma change. But I am skeptical of it. Could you share the specifics of your setup, and post some screenshots in a couple zones using the default UI from test and the same locations in live? Include your GPU, how many displays you have active, whether or not EQ is in windowed mode or full screen (full screen....GROSS) Be sure to use the default UI on test. A UI that is not updated cannot use the vision slider.

I have had gamma issues with EQ for a very long time, especially when I have 2 monitors active. (it was usually one for EQ, another for a web browser) Since EQ is easily the thing I spend the most time on my computer, I eventually decided to drop to one display. As many people have posted about over the years, a windows update removed the ability for the in game gamma adjustment to work when 2 displays were active. With the "vision" slider on test, I am able to play EQ in those problematic zones with multiple displays active. Some examples of problematic zones would be the small guild hall, Doomfire and Crypt of Decay.
  14. fransisco Augur

PoNightmare is the worst. On the first side of the zone, you cannot see anything. Just blackness, its unplayable.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While I can't say for certain I do recall in the past that it has been said that pets don't have the same item slots as players with examples being the slots that players have two such as wrists.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My vote for worst is Burned Woods (whatever the EoK zone is called). Can literally see nothing in there, and they have these stupid sticks coming out of the ground, spread around the zone. Can't even run across the zone! And that's with no gamma issues :)
  17. Iven the Lunatic

I do remember that but both slots and items do now show up when a new pet does get summoned. Two slots for ears, wrists, fingers. I even tried to give the pet the bracers in different orders, because of the AC hierarchy.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

I haven' t seen the vision slider on the test server, so I guess that the old UI engine, that I do use on live, was still active. And maybe not the default UI.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

20. jeskola pheerie

The Vision slider is good, but have you seen the movement on his change-up?
    Ravanta Suffer, Nennius and Tatanka like this.